Places to buy Alcohol near WDW.

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by Ham Ham, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Ham Ham, Hamettes and 2 other families are off to WDW, All Star Movies then AKL Jambo House.

The other family enjoys libations and other beverages. Since we're not big drinkers finding the best liquor store near Disney has never been on the top of our list.

Looking for a place with a good selection & prices of wine, beer and spirits.
    Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

2. scratch

scratch Member

It all depends on whether you have a vehicle or not.

Each resort has a nice assortment but I find that the Deluxe ones have a better selection.

There is also the Publix across from the outlet for beer and wine. ; There is also a small liquor store in that mall but it is around the corner closer to the Walgreens. ; Hess is another option.

3. realfam

realfam Member

From DTD you walk across the street to the Hess for cheap beer. (no wine there) ;
    The resort beverages are extrememly expensive, worth the drive, walk or crawl...

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

We have vehicles so getting someplace is no problem.

5. scratch

scratch Member

I'll ask friends who live in FLA!

6. scratch

scratch Member

7. We always buy at the ; Contemporary gift store - they sell wine and beer there, and we don't go looking for spots. ; However, I do believe there are a number of local stores that will deliver to you as well...

8. kevings

kevings Member

There is a SuperTarget on 192, almost directly behind the Animal Kingdom. ; I was there in June, and they have a good selection of what you're looking for, right inside the door on the grocery side.

Kevin

9. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

LOL - I knew you were going to have info on this kevin :)

10. scratch

scratch Member

Apparently this is the place to go! ; Will have to check it out next time!

11. kevings

kevings Member

What are you saying about me, Sean? ; ;)

I just happen to have a friend that works for Target, and we needed to pick up some snacks for a get together at the Animal Kingdom Villas back in June....

Kevin