Pixelmania- traveling solo or with friends or family?

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Nancy K, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Nancy K

Nancy K Member

Pixelmania 2018, are most people traveling solo or with friends or family? I’m trying to figure out how things work, everyone hanging out together in a group,or break up in smaller groups or have time to do our own thing? Are meals usually table service or a combination? Sorry for all the questions, but I’m a planner :) Thank you

2. gary

gary Member

well, i know this isn't really a definitive answer, but yes, all of the above

3. At certain point all of what you wrote happens. Basically because you can come and go as you please, you can jump in or opt out with the schedule that the planning board makes.

To give you a real world example, here is the schedule from 2017 Pixelmania. Hopefully this will illustrate what we are doing.

I hope this helps you to understand better what it's like to attend Pixelmania. Keep on asking your questions... they are good ones that can help other people.

~Joanie

PS, I'll be attending the Pixelmania part solo but then my husband will fly down and join me afterwards.

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

What Gary said... technically I’m traveling solo but meeting up with friends and “family” there (I mean that’s what we PixelManiacs are after all). We do all hang out together for the most part with little side adventures here and there. And there’s always time to breakaway and do you own thing (being with PixelManiacs all day long can be a bit much at times ). As for meals, there’s usually one table service meal each day and then it’s up to you, or the group you go with, to figure out the other meal(s) that day (which tend to be counter service). Hope that helps some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Nancy K

Nancy K Member

Thank you for the information. I’ll most likely be traveling solo, I didn’t know if I’d be the only one.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

You definitely won't be the only one...it's fairly common for attendees to travel solo, or even when coming with family or friends, attending the meets solo. I've come to Pixelmania both solo and traveled up with friends and family over the years. Only once was a friend interested in attending some of the Pixelmania events - and family usually has no interest, so they just go off and do their thing while I'm at some of the meets. Dinners are usually done as group reservations, posted here on the boards - one or two members will make some 12-person reservations, and anyone who wants to attend just signs up - so you'll have plenty of table service opportunities if you want.
    I was solo at the last Pixelmania in December...it's actually a little nicer for me to not have family or friends counting on me to meet them later or be somewhere later - I can just do whatever I want, join impromptu meets or meals, and just enjoy the photography.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  7. gary

gary Member

plus it is a pixel mania tradition that many of those already at wdw on the wednesday night before the official start of pixel mania get together for a sit-down dinner, which has been very well attended the last few years, usually 10-12 people, and we pick this based on good food, not on park convenience, last year was boathouse, this year it may be art smith's homecoming or boathouse again, both have imho very good tasty food. kind of "the meat before the meet"

Nancy K and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.