Parking Lot Tram

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Scott, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Scott

Scott Member

Anyone ever ridden this thrillride?

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i find the scenery to be very metropolitan and it seems to lack any plot with a protagonist or antagonist.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Honestly...it's been a while! In fact, maybe not since 1983:

[​IMG]

I'm completely addicted to staying on property and never using my car when up there, so it's all Disney resort transportation for me. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. Scott

Scott Member

True - there's not much of a "backstory", is there? I don't think I've ever ridden one of these.

5. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I find that ride much more thrilling in the summer after the b.o. sets in! :)

6. Tim

BO thrills you?

7. Scott

Scott Member

To each his own, I guess!

8. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

no no! I just hate thrill rides as much as bo on the tram or a bus!

9. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Backstory? How about you are riding through the remnants of the former parking lot enroute to the World's Largest Parking Garageâ„¢. Hopefully you remembered what character floor you parked on...

(other park, I know, but they consider the tram to be an attraction/ride)

[me=Roger]used to park in Timon as much as possible until they took the AP parking access away for there...walked past DCA to the front gate[/me]

[me=Roger]shudders at the thought that they're going to be busing from a mile or so away at the third gate/strawberry fields forever site, since they're closing the secondary Downtown Disney lot[/me]

10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

While I can commiserate slightly with Roger's problems...I have to say overall I am very happy that Disneyland has those problems. Because if Walt had all the space he could ever want in California, we might not have ever had a Disney World here in my backyard! So, thank you to the city of Anaheim and folks in Orange County CA for crowding around Disneyland many decades ago and hemming it in creating all of those nightmarish problems! :)

11. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Whenever I look at one of those tram tractors, my subconscious brings up an image of a snail or caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland. Does anyone else have a similar mental problem?

12. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Some may think Roger is joking when he says our West Coast park guests view the Tram as an attraction, but it's true. In fact, my severely handicapped (mentally and physically) nephew considers the Tram his favorite attraction and his autism seems to dictate that it be the FIRST ride of the day.

In fact, when they were joining us at Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast one morning, they had to park and ride the tram to Downtown Disney then walk to the Disneyland Hotel instead of parking closer because he threw a tantrum parents with autistic kids are familiar with when they didn't turn in the direction of the parking garage.

13. Roger

Yes.

14. Tim

no. ;)

15. Roger

Joking?

I was referring to past park management. It started with the "in order to add a new attraction you have to remove another" 'tude. Then when they didn't replace something, well, all of a sudden the number of attractions skyrocketed. I swear that you had to count the gift shops and the tram ride as attractions to match the # that TDA said publicly.

Of course, the evidence is in DCA. Which of the above mentioned items got the most funding for that park (excluding Soarin' Screamin' was off-the-shelf. Superstar Limo is gone. The Spirit of Whoopi Goldberg is gone. Millionaire is gone.)