Paradise Pier Question.

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by mousefan, Nov 7, 2007.

1. mousefan

mousefan Member

Has anyone stayed at the Paradise Pier?
    If so, what are your thoughts?

I will be staying there in Feb. for a couple of days and it will be my first trip to DL.
    Also, any recommendations on Hotels close to the Burbank airport?

Skybus discontinued our flight and we have to pick up an extra night somewhere and the Paradise Pier won't have a room for us.

Thanks

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Married there. It was the DL Pacific, but same thing. Nice hotel. Harra was there over the summer. I had no complaints whatsoever.

You get the "on-property" benefits, but it is a *little* farther to walk to even the Monorail station at DD.

Well congrats on getting out to Walt's park. I don't anything about Burbank - from Burbank you will pass LAX and Long Beach on the way to DL; not sure if you want to just get down to inside the Orange Curtain that night and stay at a hotel around the park or not. Don't forget rain gear, that is the rainy season in SoCal, if it rains that is.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

My suggestion will be to use the cut-through to California Adventure from the Grand Californian. Even in the peak of June there was hardly a line.

I wasn't too impressed with Paradise Pier, but I'm used to deluxe accommodations at WDW. I'd rate it more like a value to moderate style.

But, it really only took my wife about 15 minutes to walk from the entrance of the hotel to being inside the park and we never used the monorail. We just walked straight to the gate

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014