OFFICIAL MOUSEFEST 2008 RANDY HOLBROOK CONTEST THREAD

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Those who attended the TMIP Walk Around the World meet at Epcot's World Showcase on Saturday 12/13/2008 were treated to a very special Magical Moment, as arranged by TMIP's own Kiki, who is the web mistress for Randy Holbrook, Off Kilter’s guitar virtuoso.

Our assignment was to take pictures of the band (lots of Randy – of course!) and submit them for judging with the best of each shooter’s to be featured in a special gallery to be created just for TMIP on Randy’s website, randyholbrook.com. Topping that, the entire group of TMIP'ers were treated to Phase 2 of the
    Magical Moment when the entire group was able to go onstage and get photos taken with the band (thanks to Kiki for providing the images). The images are available upon request.

Here are the contest details (subject to change):
    Email me with your images or gallery links to tim(at)themagicinpixels(dot)com. I will forward them to Kiki who, along with Randy, will make the decisions as to who wins the grand prize.

The BEST image from each contributor will be selected and put into a photo gallery on randyholbrook.com.
    The Grand Prize winner will be able to select a t-shirt from Randy's online store, and will also win a TMIP t-shirt.
    Deadline for your submissions is 1/15/2009, if not sooner!
    Photos must be your own work/submissions from the TMIP meet on 12/13/2008.
    Photos submitted will be credited if used on the website.
    Submissions are able to be used by Randy/Kiki without further compensation to the submitter.
    Tim is not eligible to win... ;) (but Kiki says I can submit photos, too, just not gonna win the prize)

Any changes to the above stipulations will be posted in this thread.
    Post any questions, concerns, or comments here and GOOD LUCK!

[attachment=1]​

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. mPower

mPower Member

Tim,

For those of us who weren't able to make it, how about a L-R Who's who of the ppl in the above photo?

Good luck everyone!

3. Tim

ok, let's give this a try...
    i apologize in advance for not knowing everyone's name but maybe others can fill in the blanks...
    [attachment=1]

1. Randy Holbrook - Off Kilter Guitarist
    2. Valerie (TMIP)
    3. Paul
    4. Mainstreet1997 (TMIP)
    5. Angel
    6. Zackiedawg (TMIP)
    7. Tony Escapa - Off Kilter Keyboarder
    8. Dennis
    9. Gary (TMIP)
    10. Tim (TMIP)
    11. Scott Zymowski - Off Kilter Drummer
    12. Jason Thomas - Off Kilter Fiddler
    13. Mark Weldon - Off Kilter Lead and Bass Player
    15. Mike Kuhlman
    17. Tressie
    18. Karen from Sean&Karen (TMIP)
    19. Deniz (TMIP)
    20. Marc Lorenzo
    22. RhinoHunter (TMIP)

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

4. Kiki

Kiki Member

Can't wait to see everyone's photos!

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

#15 is Mike Kuhlman - my friend and avid photographer who came along for his first Disney trip in 13 years.

Got back yesterday afternoon, but had a friend in town from Australia an hour after I got back, and entertained last night...and today I'm at work. Barely had time to get my photos loaded from the cameras to the computer, and haven't even thought about editing, cropping, resizing, and posting yet! I've got lots to sort through - about 680 total photos. Can't wait to share - I think I got some real killers (the light and atmosphere were gorgeous for photography - couldn't have been more perfect).

I'll start working on them tonight and over the next few evenings.

6. Kiki

Kiki Member

^^^
    Is your friend going to submit his photos to the contest?

7. Hmmmm 17 was...I think her names Tressie
    15 I think his name is Mike
    14 his name is....Dustin (I think) I remember him saying that listening to Tim talk about aperature and shutter speed he was totally lost - he mentioned that he was just there with his girlfriend.

Someone please correct me if Im wrong.

Katie

8. Tim

yes, i think you're right about tressie. england if i am not mistaken?

9. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

What a great perk to your meet, Tim! These guys are always willing to pose for a photo during and after their performances. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

10. Tim

yes, big props to kiki for hooking this one up!

11. Yes thanks! It was fun! What a way to kick of my mousefest experience! Makes it tempting for next year -- never know what will happen! Unfortunately everyone here is not into Disney as much as I am and dont know who Off Kilter is so theyre not that excited that I got to meet Off Kilter.

12. Kiki

Kiki Member

I'm excited that you're excited, MainStreet!

13. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Nothing noteworthy for me shot-wise - Honestly I spent a good part of their performance trying to track down my friend Mike who was lost trying to get to the meet from Soarin after an unexpectedly long line (it said 60 minutes, but ended up being 85)...I was carrying his camera bag and tripod so he didn't have to bring them on the ride (as well as my OWN camera bag and tripod)...so I was loaded down and wanted to get his stuff back to him! I shot maybe 6 shots - none great because I was too far back - the only one that I sort of liked is a bit blurry because of the too-low shutter speed:

[​IMG]

As for the meeting with the guys - it was very cool! Thanks to Kiki for working that one out...Randy is such an outgoing and crazy guy on stage, yet so soft-spoken and kindly in person. I enjoyed chatting with him about the dynamic with and without the bagpipes and alternate lead singers (with Mark doing the honors this time)...and also the sound with the violin added. I wish we had gotten the chance to hear them with both violin AND pipes, which Randy said really boosts their sound up a notch. Also chatted with Tony about his session work with some Jazz heavyweights.

That, and feeling like some sort of celebrity when random passerby started roaming up with P&S cameras to snap our photos when we got on stage (it makes me wonder exactly how they will describe those photos when showing them to their families and friends..."here's a shot of....aah....ummm...some people on a stage!").

14. Tim

i noticed that too... we be famous!

15. Tim

after speaking with kiki, our illustrious randy holbrook web-mistress, i have been informed that the grand prize winner will now also receive at least one CD from randy as an additional prize. be sure to either post your links or email/PM them to yours truly to be entered.

16. Paul

Paul Member

nice prize, I forgot to pick up the Off Kilter CD when I was there.

17. Tim

i forwarded your email to kiki yesterday, paul.
    same thing with yours, katie. anyone else?

18. gary

gary Member

check out the expression on the face of the woman next to tim

she's probably wondering

WHO LET THOSE DOGS OUT
    [attachment=1]

19. Tim

Some more of the paparazzi during the Off Kilter Concert...
    Gary
    [attachment=1]

Deniz
    [attachment=2]

Justin (Zackiedawg)
    [attachment=3]

Group
    [attachment=4]

20. Haha I was smart and took for a different location by this point :D