October Pixelmania 2K13 pre-pre-pre-meet

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by ddindy, May 14, 2013.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Since I had my heart set on Pixelmania in October this year, I decided to go down that month even though Pixelmania 2K13 is officially in December.

I'll be staying at Art of Animation (in the cheap rooms) October 12-20. ; October 14 is Columbus day, so it's a three-day weekend for many people. ; And Manhattan Transfer is playing at Epcot on Oct. 12-13.

So if you feel inclined to, come on down any time. ; We'll hang out and maybe even see if they have haggis at the new Scotland Food & Wine booth. :)

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I'll be there. ; On official business, of course.

3. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

[font=century gothic, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Dennis we are also going down in Oct[/font]

I know its me and Karen we might bring Kailey down but not sure yet. We paid for APs so i want to get my value out of them before they expire.

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

After your post on Facebook, it seems you might HAVE to bring Kailey down too, LOL! ; I look forward to seeing all who come down.

5. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

How are the crowds around Columbus day? trying to book and just wondering if we should avoid that three day week or not

6. ddindy

The current predictions from Touringplans.com show that it will be pretty crowded on Saturday and Sunday, but on Monday things drop to average to below average for the rest of the week. ; Maybe using Sunday as a travel day is the best strategy.

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Oh, rats, I won't be down there until the last week. ; Have a grand time!!

8. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

thinking about booking 14 - 20th .. just need to make up my mind.

9. ddindy

Do it. ; You know you want to. ; :)

10. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I'll be there for S&D's F&W event. ; Lets get together a la last year. ;

11. Calidain

Calidain Member

I'm on vacation those weeks and I will be in the park a lot for Photomagic.

12. ddindy

I just got a copy of the updated park hours for October. ; They've extended hours for all parks except Epcot.

Highlights:
    Animal Kingdom open until 8 pm (an hour after sunset) on Oct. 12.
    Magic Kingdom open until 1 am on Oct. 12, 13 and 19, with an additional two hours of EMH on 10/13 (that means 3 am closing, folks).

The down side is that I'll miss seeing Manhattan Transfer at Epcot on Oct. 12, since I'm not giving up a chance to shoot AK at night. ; Fortunately, MT are playing two nights, so I'll see them on 10/13.

Assuming the hurricane level is low, it should be a good trip.