Now that we all have Kuerig Coffee Makers...

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by RedOctober25, Sep 18, 2012.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Looks like Timmie's is going with Tassimo instead of Kuerig...

[from the Tim Horton's Website]
    <i><b>Tim Hortons and Tassimo to Offer Tims Coffee One Cup at a Time</b>

OAKVILLE, ON (August 9, 2012) - Tim Hortons coffee drinkers will soon be able to enjoy Canada's favourite coffee at the touch of a button. Tim Hortons and Kraft Foods announced an agreement today to begin offering Tim Hortons premium blend coffee, including decaf and latte, starting in October as T DISCs for Kraft's TASSIMO on-demand beverage system in Canada and the United States. TASSIMO is one of the fastest growing on-demand single-serve beverage brands in North America, with more than 950,000 brewers already sold in Canada.

Tim Hortons T DISCs will be sold exclusively through nearly 3,000 participating Tim Hortons restaurants in Canada as well as online at timhortons.com and tassimo.ca.

"Kraft Foods is already a long-time strategic foodservice partner of Tim Hortons and their TASSIMO brand is a high quality product we are excited to bring into our restaurants," said Paul House, Executive Chairman, CEO & President, Tim Hortons. ; "We look forward to entering this rapidly growing market and making home brewing even more convenient for Tim Hortons coffee fans."

Every TASSIMO T DISC features a barcode containing the exact brewing instructions for each beverage. ; The brewer reads the barcode and then initiates the required water temperature, water quantity and brew time. ; This ensures that every Tim Hortons coffee brewed by a TASSIMO brewer will taste the way it's meant to be.

"For Tim Hortons coffee lovers, TASSIMO is a great option to enjoy their favourite coffee at home," says Dino Bianco, President of Kraft Canada. "More and more Canadians are discovering how much they love TASSIMO and we're very excited to expand our coffee options for them with such a well-respected partner."

According to Nielsen Research, the on-demand single serve category has seen triple digit growth in Canada and North America in the last year, accounting for more than $800 million in sales within North America. ; TASSIMO beverages are experiencing close to triple digit growth in Canada where the brand holds the number one share for the fifth consecutive year.

Tim Hortons is Canada's favourite cup of coffee. Approximately eight out of every ten cups of coffee sold outside the home are served by Tim Hortons. Tim Hortons serves about two billion cups of coffee annually in North America and its commitment to freshness and quality helps deliver the special taste of premium blend in every cup, every time.</i>

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

How odd. ; Starbucks started with Tassimo too, and we see how that ended up.

Disney once supported DIVX over DVD, and we see how that ended up.

Sony thought MiniDisc walkmans would beat those expensive hard drive iPods, and we see how that ended up.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Lets hope they come to their senses.

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I don't have a Keurig or a Tassimo, so I guess I'm unaffected. ; I will still have to rely on our Pixelmania Horton's pipeline supply of good old multi-cup brew grinds! ; Besides, I could never just drink 1 cup anyway, so those whole single-serve things just don't make sense for me. ; :)

5. Paul

Paul Member

Tempted to buy a Kuerig now that Dunkin Donuts has the Pumpkin cups....but they are sill to costly. ; Besides I like my Starbucks.....any word if WDW is getting a Starbucks like DCA?

6. Roger

Yes.

When?

I don't know.

7. Roger

Was going to ask - you know Starbucks has K-cups now? ; But then I also realized you are in the area where you can't throw a stone without hitting a Dunkin Donuts, and I could never find a Starbucks during my last excursions there.

/found a Trader Joes, which was a bigger deal before they finally got to Texas

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The Grocery store my Pharmacy is in has had Starbuck K-Cups for some time now... ; And I just saw the add for Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin K-Cups, might have to pick up a box.

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

As for starbucks in the parks, I had heard that they will have one in each of the four parks, but no timetable as far as I know...

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I typically run up to 20oz (2-10oz portions) thru one k-cup if making coffee or tea. ; But I also drink too much either (mostly just a cup a day when working). ; So it works for me and easier to clean up afterwards (which is the biggest plus for me as I hate to clean).

11. Paul

Paul Member

Yes Roger there is a Dunkin on every block....plenty of Starbucks in Cambridge and Boston and only one Peet's (love the Major Dickason's) left that I know in Harvard Square.

We finally have a Trader Joe's right down the street at Patriot Place...need to check out the cheap wine!