No photography for the safety of our performers????

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Roger, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Hmfph. Still no photography allowed at Nemo:The Musical.

But I still kept swimming during the busiest time to visit the Parks, and boy it is a big blue world out there.

Do you think they say that because most people don't know how to turn off their flash,? which I could see is dangerous....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Dan

Dan Member

I'm uncertain about that. It's possible.. it is a dark show, most cameras would be useless in there without a flash (I mean ignoring the fact that the flashes would still be useless at that range), and most people seem unable to turn off their flashes.

However they also seem to be trying to prevent photography or video taping on their newer attractions. I wonder if they're trying to prevent footage of their newer stuff from getting out.

It's hard to distinguish between the two motives.

There seems to be a conflict though.. Festival of the Lion King allows photography, and.. call me crazy, but I thought they expressly allowed flash photography, just no video lighting. And they have performers doing stunts. AND they're a lot closer to the audience overall, so the flashes should effect the performers more.
    Perhaps Nemo is darker and the flashes would effect the dark adapted vision of the performers more.. I dunno.

3. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Yep- I got 'busted' by a cast member for taking a non-flash picture of the stage prior to the show even starting (or the no flash or non-flash photography announcement being made). Did not make any sense to me as Dan pointed out - Lion King show says no problem. Kind of makes me want to take pictures even more now for some reason. ???