Nikon...we have a number

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Scottwdw, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Or, at least, Nikon Rumors has one: D9300 ; Possible successor to the D300s.

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/04/02/break ... izon.aspx/

I sure hope so as the D7100 is just okay in my book. Now, will they add Wi-Fi and, at least, 8fps to 11fps without a battery grip. ; Heck, maybe they'll give it a Pro body form. ; Wouldn't that be grand?

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Ooo! ; Maybe time to upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Geez...adding the D9300 to my savings list...right alongside the 14-400mm f/0.95 AF-S IF ED SWM VR4 pixie dust canon. ; ;)

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I can't wait to see the specs. ; I just hope it has a reasonable megapixel count; I can't afford another NAS right now.

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

It's not often I would go with such a slim rumor but the site is very reliable. ; I would imagine there will be a dumping of D7100's on the used market if this comes to pass.

I compared my D7100 images to Dave's D300s last weekend as we both were shooting the Crunch game. ; I liked the D300s images better as long as the ISO stayed below 3200. Anything above that and the sensor showed its age.

Dennis, I am thinking it will be a 24MP sensor like the Nikon D7x00 series of cameras. ; Nikon seems to be liking that size right now. ; 16 would work, too.

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I have a D7000. ; Is the sensor for the D7100 THAT much better? ; Just wondering if I need to put money away or not.

7. All kidding aside, I'm waiting for the D800 revamp.

8. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

The only thing I can say is "Thank God Canon (mostly) goes in numeric order"... ; I cannot keep track of Nikon's numbering convention.

9. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Agreed, Tim. Nikon seems to set a numbering scheme one year and change it the next. Why do they confuse the customer so?

10. ELinder

ELinder Member

At least it's better than Apple. I have an old MacPro, a newer iMac, and an iPad. Which versions? errr….

Erich