Nikon introduces the D60. Welcome to PMA 08 - the consumer dSLR

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Roger, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08012910nikond60.asp

What the heck are all the camera companies doing this year???? Sony, Canon and Nikon have only introduced consumer dSLRs at PMA this year. Maybe Sony still has something up their sleeve. Or they all do - they were just waiting to see the other cards on the table first.

Nikon also has a few new lenses, including a 60mm macro (like Canon's EF-S macro) and a 24mm tilt-shift!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. mSummers

mSummers Member

Cool! I've got the old 35mm PC Nikkor, and don't use it much because its not wide enough for the DX sensor. I guess I'll be selling it to get this one.

3. Roger

I forgot to add that now anyone who used to use Canon's 2 prosumer dSLR has to now add the word Canon near it, thanks to Nikon.

It's nice to see that Nikon is recognizing their weak areas. I'm betting a fast prime (1.2) that will AF on all of their bodies (incl the D40 and D60 series) is next and will be introduced in Germany.

To go with the D3x.

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

I hope not. Then I'll have 2 lenses to buy...

5. Roger

hahahah that's how a lot of us feel, esp. with Canon's L series.

I'm still on the fence, but there is a certain Zeiss 135/1.8 that has caught my eye.

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

I was looking at the Zeiss 50mm, but read some reviews for it that weren't very good... Apparently, the Nikon 50/1.4 was sharper at 1.4 than the Zeiss was, which surprised me.