New Monitor

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by BorisMD, Mar 28, 2012.

1. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Hi all,

I've got my old MacBook pro on eBay and plan to use the proceeds to get a new external monitor for my current MacBook pro. ; I don't really want to drop $1000 on the Apple thunderbolt monitor, so am looking for some suggestions on what to get. ; If you have any ideas for me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Boris

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kj21lx

2. gary

gary Member

I,m going to have to strongly advocate here for the apple monitors, I have the 27 inch cinema, and as a 2 monitor setup with my Mac pro, it's the best I have ever seen. Lightroom on 2 monitors is just the bomb as they say. LR and a small photo on the pro, and a big old sharp colorful photo on the big one, you can really judge the effects of changes as you make them

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Wish I could help but I don't know anything about Mac's.... ; sorry.
    Glad to hear back from you, though!

4. ELinder

ELinder Member

Don't be limited to just Apple displays. I've been using a Dell flat panel with my MacPro for 5 years and it still looks great, although I do calibrate it with a Huey Pro every other month or so.

Erich

5. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

So I bit the bullet and bought the Thunderbolt monitor from Apple. ; All I can say is Wow! ; Photo viewing and editing is so much better with this, and it's got lots of pretty cool features too.

Basically, I figure I now own the most expensive laptop charger Apple makes.

Thanks for your advice.

Boris