New Fantasyland Dusk-hour HDRs from last week

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by zackiedawg, Jul 1, 2013.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Finally got through all my photos from last week's trip...it was a lot of fun shooting with only the NEX mirrorless, and using both the native eMount glass as well as a lot of use of manual focus glass with the assistance of focus peaking. ; One of my favorite times of day are the few hours around sunset and dusk - three very different types of light, but all interesting - the reddish/yellow glows of sunset, then the weird midtones and glow of dusk, followed by the electric 'blue hour'. ; While roaming Magic Kingdom, I found myself in New Fantasyland right around the dusk hour, just before blue hour, and decided that the odd, flattish light would be enhanced by using in-camera HDR set to 3 stops for some handheld scenery - it helps capture that 'glow' that dusk hour can produce, and that a single shot doesn't seem to capture. ; Here we go:

The landscape next to Beast's castle, which you really only get a good look at when heading over the bridge to Be Our Guest restaurant:
    [​IMG]

Be Our Guest entrance doors:
    [​IMG]

The bridge and castle backdrop:
    [​IMG]

Belle's storytime cottage:
    [​IMG]

Village Haus restaurant, as seen from the newly opened Fantasyland area that Dumbo once occupied:
    [​IMG]

Carousel and castle:
    [​IMG]

Little Mermaid building:
    [​IMG]

New castle walls and castle:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Pops

Pops Member

Very cool for being done inside the camera. Top one looks like a painting. ;

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Thanks Pops. ; I love strange light - and that dusk hour is cool - it's dark, yet not TOO dark - some photographers like to go with longer exposures so everything looks more bright and daylight, but to me that spoils that half-light feel - this time I wanted to keep the shots and the mood dim and darker, but with the color glow that needed HDR to get.