NEW ARTICLE: BOGgear RLD-1 Monopod Shooting Stick Review

Discussion in 'Photography 101' started by Tim, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

2. mPower

mPower Member

Re: NEW ARTICLE: BOGgear RLD-1 Monopod Shooting S

Tim,

It looks like it puts a lot of potential pressure on the lens mount. Even in your portrait photo, you're right hand is pressing down on the body, and hence the stick is pressing up on the lens. The sheer point would be lens mount, wouldn't it?

Thoughts?

3. Tim

i had no issues with lens mount pressure. ; i don't press down all that hard though; just enough to keep it stable while taking the photo. ; of course, common sense applies here.

4. mPower

mPower Member

There is common sense in the world?! Shocking... ;)

5. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I purchased the Shooting Stick after seeing yours at Epcot Tim- (following the TMIP link to B&H of course) and must say I am quite pleased with it. ; I mean for $35 how can you really go wrong? ; I agree with your review that 1/10 shutter speeds are possible- especially if you fire off a few in a row. ; I like to use mine as a walking stick too and have found it quite useful for other things- like waving it around wildly to keep people from standing in front of you during Wishes or prodding the wife and kids if they walk too slow. ; :D

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Jeff, It sounds like something that you will never get tired of, BUT the family on the other hand. . . ;)

7. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

thats a neat tool. i like that you just quickly rest the lens in the cradle and can tilt up and down easliy as needed.

8. Tim

It really is a great item for the price. ; I love mine. ;