Mousefest 2008 - Who's coming?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by CameraGirl, May 14, 2008.

1. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

I see in another post we are definitely getting into the topic of Mousefest.

Realfam, I am putting your questions in this post so hopefull we can start a great Mousefest thread.
    To everyone that has done Mousefest and would like to put their two cents in, please do!

By the way, Mousefest 2008 at Sea is from December 7 to 11, 2008. ; ;Mousefest 2008 on Land is from December 11 to 15, 2008 with Mega Mouse Meet on December 13. The official Mousefest site can be found at www.mousefest.org. ;

Mousefest 2008 - Who's Going!
    Minnie (ME!) - SSR - Dec 7 - 16th
    Sean - SSR - Dec 7 - 16th
    Northern Mouse Carlos - POFQ
    Northern Minnie - POFQ
    Northern Mouse Jethro - POFQ
    Kevings - POP - Dec 9 - 17th
    Sorcerer Mickey - POP
    Realfam - OWK
    zakerdog -FWC&R
    Miss Megara -??? - MVMCP on the 16th
    Sonny Eclipse - POP

2. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Re: Mousefest

Is Mousefest worth going to? ; I would have to say yes. ; Last year was our first time and I have to admit, I thought it would put a damper on our plans, but it just enhanced the trip even more. ; There are events to do every day during Mousefest. ; You don't have to do all and some are scheduled for the same time. ; Some of the events are by RSVP only which can be done through the Mousefest site. ; The schedule for 2008 isn't up yet though.

Anyways, what I really enjoyed the most is doing the events and meeting all the people that enjoy Disney the same if not more than me. ; There were over 800 people signed up last year. ; The rides were just so much fun to do with a whole group of people. ; I loved the look on the CM's faces when you walk through the line. ; You will meet all kinds of webmasters, podcasters, authors and Disney fanatics. ; There is a Mega Mouse Meet which is bascially set up like a convention. ; There are tables set up with information on other disney sites, products, books, etc. ; You just walk around and meet with everyone.

I do suggest that if you are planning on going to Mousefest that you realize if you like the events, it will take up a good chunk of your vacation. ; Sean and I are planning to either stay a few days before or after so we can vacation at our own pace.

Do you have to buy a special ticket? ; To be part of Mousefest you sign up through the website and I believe it is $30 for both. ; What you get in the mail is landyards, A Mousefest guide which includes the schedule and I can't remember what else. ; This $30 goes a long way because you get 4 days worth of events, activities, meet and greets and fun.

Sean, NorthernMouse & NorthernMouse Jethro, Kevings, I know all of you were there last year, I would love to hear your opinions as well. ;D

3. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Mousefest is definately going to be a yearly event for us, budget allowing. With the number of events and participants this year I suspect it will be even bigger. You have to pick and choose the events to attend. One tip I would give is to stay an extra day or two if you can, the extra time is needed to wind down and see the attractions you missed. Most of the time for the events is getting organized and spending time talking with friends. There were days were all we did was talk with people and had a great time, so don't be dissapointed if you don't do as many attractions as you expect to. ; I thought the $15 per person for the things you got and support for Mousefest was worth the money, but was not mandatory, anyone could attend the events even without paying. Another nice thing about Mousefest is that all the events were inclusive regardless of where your from or what communities you join, you were welcome to all the meets. I just hope flight prices go down soon.

Regardless of Mousefest that time of year is great for going to WDW. Lines for the most part are manageable. All the decorations for Christmas are up and the weather is usually cooler. The best part is that it is value season so prices are cheaper.

Let's start a post with a list of people going to Mousefest, If we have enough it would be great to have a meet while were there.

4. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Great Idea, I started it on the first post. ; If anyone else wants to be added, just let me know!

5. Re: Mousefest

I'll be there. Flying solo this trip (no wife or kids) ; ;D

6. kevings

kevings Member

I have been going to Mousefest since before it was Mousefest. ; For me, it's gotten a little big, but that's not a problem for most people. ; The Disney online community is so much larger now than when I started attending the RADP meets in 1999. ; I think one has to be practical when it comes to attending Mousefest events. ; Pick and choose what you want to do, and don't even attempt to do everything. For me, Mousefest is about reconnecting in person with people I only chat with online. ; This means I tend to stick with events that our group, RADP, holds.

The Mega Mouse Meet is not my cup of tea. ; I usually pop in to say hello to friends who are there representing various websites, mostly the AllEars team, and then beat a hasty retreat. ; Why spend my time in a convention when there are parks to visit?

In short, I can't imagine not attending Mousefest. ; It's an event I look forward to even more than Christmas.

7. realfam

realfam Member

Were planning on heading to DVC at the beginning of Dec, but haven't put dates to it. ; It would be cool to do mousefest.

8. Re: Mousefest

Hey Minnie, could we add resort beside our names. I am POP

9. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

That is a good idea. ; I added it to the list

10. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Northern Mouse Jethro - POFQ
    Northern Mouse Carlos - POFQ
    Northern Minnie - POFQ

11. kevings

kevings Member

I guess I'm just a fly by the seat of my pants kind of guy. ; I won't even start thinking about Mousefest until August at the earliest. ; Hopefully by then there will be AP rates released.
    kevings

12. Re: Mousefest

Hey Sean,

Is DisneyMagic.ca a "participating MouseFest online community"

13. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

That is still in the works.... Originally we were planning on doing something maybe a meet or something with Northern Mouse or maybe wdwtoday .... but something has come up so i am unsure right now ....

What came up you might ask? News to follow

14. realfam

realfam Member

We just booked our DVC for Dec 13-19. ; So we will be there during mousefest.... ; I think we may have to check it out. ; I need to do some more research into it.

15. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Yay Realfam. You are going to have a blast. ; My part of the trip is up in the air right now. ; I want to still go if I can still fly by then. ; Won't know for a few weeks though. ; Nothing will keep us away!

16. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

We are booked for SSR...

I am getting ready to book some restaurants and i am wondering if anyone would like to join us?

I just need to know who, and where you would like to eat....

17. realfam

realfam Member

Great! ; That's where we'll be from Dec 11 to 15th and then we move to OKW. ;

18. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

I'll be in WDW from December 13th - 17th for work. ; Really.

I had no idea that Mousefest was going on during the same time until an email confirmation came through at the office for Sorcerer Mickey's WDW ressi for similar dates (I knew he was attending Mousefest).

I doubt that I can work Mousefest into my visit to WDW, but it would be nice to meet some of you. ; :) ; I'll be at MVMCP on the 16th - anyone? ; Bueller? ; Anyone?? ; ;D

19. zakerdog

zakerdog Member

We go to MouseFest every year, it is really a lot of fun and something that I look forward to. This year is no exception, we will be there staying at Fort Wilderness Campground & Resort.

20. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Hi Megara,

Mousefest tradition is to go to the MVMCP on the first day of mousefest which should be on the 11th. I will be flying home on the 16th... so i will miss that party but maybe someone else will be able to make it.

When we find out what Event we will be hosting i hope that you get a chance to come by.