monorail shirts "Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantengase ...

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by Sheila Gallant-Halloran, Dec 18, 2008.

1. This is cool!

You can purchase monorail shirts that have the wording "Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas."
    =====

"There is a classic t-shirt with the famous warning phrase from the monorail "¡Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!" (which is Spanish for "Please stand clear of the doors!"). ; The shirt I am familiar with only has the Spanish wording and it includes a graphic picture of the monorail going by the castle. ; It's a great souvenir for any Disney fan.

Merchandise locations and availability can change, but the last time I checked you could find this shirt at any of the monorail resorts (Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian), as well as at the Emporium store at the Magic Kingdom, and at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney. ; I wouldn't be surprised if they also had it at some other stores, like MouseGear in Epcot. ;

If you still have any difficulty locating the t-shirt, you can always call WDW Merchandise (407-363-6200 - this number is on most gift shop receipts at WDW) to ask about where to find almost any merchandise on WDW property."

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/q ... pid=77&cid

2. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

I bought one last December at the Poly. ; LOVE it! ; ;D

On a side note, there is a very big mistake on the t-shirt...

[​IMG]

Anyone catch it?

3. scratch

scratch Member

In the link provided, it says the Monorail going past the Castle!

Since when does the Monorail go past the Castle?

4. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Newp, imho the mistake is MUCH bigger than that.

5. scratch

scratch Member

I could never find WALDO either! ; ;)

6. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

lol...ok, ok. ; I'll tell ya. ; ;D

The shirt says "Walt Disney World". ; The saying on the shirt of 'Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas' is ONLY heard on WDW's monorail.

But check out the castle...it's Sleeping Beauty's, not Cinderella's. ; Or rather, Disneyland's castle, not Walt Disney World's. ; ;) ; They realized the mistake to late and left it, as it would cost much more to change it.

7. scratch

scratch Member

OMG! ; Collector Item!

8. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member