missing fountain

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by Kelly Grannell, Dec 21, 2006.

1. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Isn't this The Land pavilion at EPCOT, er...Epcot 92, er... Epcot?

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

it was taken out as part of the major overhaul for the arrival of Soarin'

4. Tim

note: i moved this here from disneyland, because it's a WDW area.

5. Roger

Ahh yes Soarin over...ehhh...America (filmed exclusively in California). I did hear that they are filming a new version for Epcot.

Did they remove the no photography rule for Turtle Talk?

6. D'OH! Sorry Tim!

7. gary

gary Member

as of thursday post mousefest still no photos allowed, very dissapointed as i was all primed with 30mm f1.4, my guess is because no matter how many times you announce it someone always seems to have it set on full auto and rips off a flash blast, which may mess up the show technology
    really neat show, our first time seeing and we loved it
    gary

8. a lot of people don't even know how to 'kill' their flash. Even people with dSLR ::) sigh. Why even bother owning an SLR?

9. Roger

Turtle talk....odd.

At DCA the CMs stopped using "no photography" and switched to "no flash photography". Now I have to find the pic from the spring and post it.

10. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

Thanks for the memories Kelly

And for TT, I have only heard them say no flash. Great show even if you don't have a child.

11. DisneyVixen

DisneyVixen Member

Back before the days when Soarin' resided here, this was such a great place to go and relax... now it's packed to the gills everytime I go near it.. Good for Epcot, bad for Jackie.. lol.. But I love Soarin' so I won't complain :p

12. Tim

ya know, the land still seems weird without that fountain. i can remember it like it was yesterday.

13. Roger

I remember back when you used to be able to go on this ride they called the "Peoplemover" and to go something called a "game grid". After then, you go into some theatre and put these weird glasses on and see some movie about this guy called "Captain Eos" or something. It feels like yesterday, just like when I went to that place called "Videopolis".

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

14. Dan

Dan Member

Captain EOS? He was a super hero photographer who used a 1D, right?

15. LOL! It's Captain EO. Remember when Michael Jackson was not white as a corpse... (and looking like one too :eek: ) I think the theatre where they shown EO is now showing Honey I Shrunk The Audience.

16. Dan

Dan Member

I fondly remember Captain EO, I was just kidding. Looking back at it it's a pretty weird concept.. I mean to think that Francis Ford Coppola directed a movie with Michael Jackson it for Disney World.

But I was devastated when I found out that it had closed down. I mean yes, Michael Jackson became rather controversial and they couldn't have kept the show going, besides which the whole music as a weapon concept would look pretty corny by today's standards, but.. Captain EO was an adventure, I always left the theater excited and energized, humming the ending music and feeling like I wanted to take on the world.
    Honey I Shrunk the Audience leaves me exiting the theater wet with simulated dog spit. It's just not the same thing.

17. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D