Millionaire Closing

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Sean&Karen, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

CONFIRMED: Millionaire is closing on August 19th.... Will be replaced with a Toy Story themed ride....

Now i know MGM needs more rides, but i really like Millionaire and almost made it into the hot seat once. Knowing that i will never have that chance again kind of sucks.

What do you think?

2. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

That was one of the attractions I had wanted to get to while we were there, but it didn't happen.

It kinda sucks that it will be leaving........I wouldn't have minded checking it out........

3. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Closing?? ; I find that very strange that it is closing. ; Everytime there is a show it is always full. ; It was so much fun and a great place to go to get out of the heat. ; I think they should do something where chronicle of narnia is/was. ; That was a bit of a snore if you ask me.

4. Treelo

Treelo Member

We never went... we weren't especially big fans of the show.

But on the subject of replacing the Narnia exhibit rather than Millionaire... is Millionair even still being made/aired? ; Disney put a LOT of money into the Narnia exhibit... and The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe was the first in a series of movies, so I can understand them wanting to keep that 'making of' area for subsequent releases (although I'll admit, we didn't go THERE either *laugh*)

I'm a little curious to see what kind of 'Toy Story Ride' they put in the space, though.

5. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

Millionaire is still on.........when Meredith Vierra took over for Regis, the show went to 30 minutes and it is on nightly.