Looks like you won't need the PINS...............

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants and Dining' started by scratch, Jul 24, 2009.

1. scratch

scratch Member

Rumour has it that Free Dining will be offered starting on Sunday! for the Fall Season up to December 17.

Black out US Thanksgiving

And..........

If you stay at a Value Resort, you can only get the Counter Service Dining. ; You'll have to pay extra for the regular or deluxe!

2. hhmm... guess we'll see what happens on Sunday...

One thing's for sure, I've never had so many clients call me with pins - and some of them with it around the US thanksgiving too - there's no magic formula for how you get a pin, that we've known for quite some time. But I'm truly amazed how many of my clients are getting them... it's like they're targeting Canadians or something... (maybe our good recession news is behind it!? :)...)

3. scratch

scratch Member

It's on of LIFE'S MYSTERIES!

4. amw

amw Member

I got 2 sets of the PINs as well. I think if you have the PIN, you get the DDP even with value ...because they say save "$523" when staying value for 4 nights. ; They are now offering "Free Dining" in the US to Disney VISA holders -- in that case you only get QSP for values. I wouldn't be surprised if that offer goes public to all next week.

However, if you stay Value, the PINs are still better.

I would like to go next year. Let's hope we get the same kind of deals ... and that Disney keeps me in the loop! ; ;)

5. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

why don't i ever get pins *cry*

6. We just used DH's pin to book a value for December so we get the regular dining plan. PIN only worth it though if you stay value. When I was pricing out stuff AP rate was a better deal at mods and deluxes.

7. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

WDW Today just had a great show talking about the free dining plan. Ends up that its more expensive to take the free dining plan discount at the deluxe resorts than taking a room discount and paying for the dining plan. For Moderates yo save about $20 it is worth it most for value resorts.

8. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Because Disney ended up offering Free Dining to everyone not just people that received pin codes.

9. scratch

scratch Member

Might not need them for this year either!