Limited Time Magic

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Roger, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

So Disney's 2013 promotion is....

52 weeks of different celebrations.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/let-the-memories-begin/limited-time-magic/

Umm okay. ; It's still sinking in but this won't really affect the "normal" visitors - this is geared to the AP /DVC members who either come every year (it's an inexpensive way to have something new) OR who come to the DVC but don't go to the park because there is nothing new. ; Now any week they come there will be something...new.

But it's not going to attract people who were on the fence about going to WDW/DL. ; At the worst, it's going to annoy people who came for other things, especially if anything involves temporary overlays on any attraction.

Note: The original Horseshoe Revue returning to DL for a month is kind of cool though.

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

It sounds like a rebranding of Year of a Million Dreams to me. ; Should be interesting to see what they make of it.

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

The Golden Horseshoe is the only portion of the announcement that I'm excited about. While I won't be able to go see it, I think it's great that they're bringing back a show full of classic Disney humor. ;

I'm curious about the name of the promotion though. ; Limited seems like a poor choice if words to be associated with the parks since they're supposed to be full of magical experiences.

4. gary

gary Member

well actually its sort of truth in advertising. kind of like the new limited lights of winter arch. go there with low expectations and you will not be dissapointed

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I have not been impressed with any of their promotions for many years now. ; We were able to get my daughter a gift card on her birthday, but other than that I think the last one I liked was probably 100 years of Magic, it felt like a celebration. ; I am holding out hope for some good stuff come 2021.

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I am interested in the Golden Horseshoe and Long lost friends week. ; I just hope they announce the weeks far enough in advance or it is really only going to affect locals.

Sent from my iPhone...

7. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I'm looking forward to pirate week!! But I also hope they give enough advance notice on the scheduling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk