Latest Disneyland rumor

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Roger, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Autopia, Innoventions, and the Peoplemover track are going away for a new Endor Speeder e ticket.

Tomorrowland terrace is going away to become Mos Eisley Cantina. The Astro Orbitor will be relocated to the Space mountain deck. The observation/old Peoplemover loading station will become a walk through Millennium Falcon Chewbacca meet and greet.

Over at DCA they will be building a Monstropolis area.

Obviously the Disneyland project is bigger in scope and will take a large chunk of the park out. The last quiet corner of New Orleans Square closed last week for good but it's nice to see major improvements again in Tomorrowland.

Oh and Hong Kong Disneyland is getting Star Tours 3.0: Iron Man.

Meanwhile WDW opened a new meet and greet for Minnie Mouse!

Not my rumors, just reporting from other sites. The official
    Announcement is supposed to be sometime this month. Forgot Disney started their new fiscal year on the first.

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Autotopia and Innoventions, no big loss. ; But losing the Peoplemover? ; Cardinal sin! ; They better not touch my Florida Peoplemover, no matter what goofy name they want to give it!

3. Roger

Well for Disneyland the Peoplemover has been gone since 1998. ; The Rocket Rods disappeared shortly thereafter and as such the track has remained there. Rusting.

At first I heard they were going to use the track for a speeder ride but I think they want to make it immersive into Endor so they need the real estate. So that's why the ride load area is going away.

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Sad. ; I just couldn't imagine a Magic Kingdom without Peoplemover, or Disneyland without it either. ; I haven't been to Disneyland since 1994, so there have been tons of changes since I was last there.

5. Roger

So guess what today's story is?

Star Wars in Florida has been effectively cancelled indefinitely. MyMagic is running way over budget and way behind schedule, so WDI's budget has been allocated to that project. They have also at least indefinitely scrapped plans for MyMagic at Disneyland.

But that's not all as well. Even Disneyland's Star Wars has been put on hold for now and Imagineering has been reassigned to either Pandora or Shanghai.

Apparently Iger is really pissed at the NextGen rollout.

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

The possibilities with MM+ are definitely there (it grew on me) but the execution is still not quite there. ; There was more than one time where the app crashed, our FP+ disappeared, our tickets became unlinked from our bands, etc.

That said, losing star wars land in addition to cars land goes to show why you can never believe what rumors get floated around. ;

7. Roger

While they were still in rumor land, the Carsland/Star Wars talk stalled because DCA wanted more exclusive time with it.

Now apparently the new Soarin film is still happening and you will now it's coming to Epcot- just watch for a refurbishment of Soarin to update the queue and install digital projectors. Heard you will get a choice of films. They are filming a new version for Shanghai.

Meanwhile while I was posting this Universal opened a new attraction. ; This rollout is allowing Universal the time to catchup. Heck Harry Potter will be done in California before anything new comes to DLR now!