Just booked Jan 25 - 29 at Boardwalk!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by zackiedawg, Sep 23, 2007.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Well, I'll be there next week for the Epcot thing, and I'm still trying to work something out for Mousefest (DVC is pretty sold out for studios...I can't get one all 4 nights, so I may have to try a cheap hotel)...but I've managed to book my big winter trip for arrival Friday afternoon, Jan 25 through Jan 29, 2007 at the Boardwalk (my home resort). The family goes on one bigger trip per year - usually 5 nights at a 2-bedroom condo, which we used to do for memorial day weekend...but the crowds and heat finally wore us down after a 30-year tradition, and we switched to January last year. The new tradition continues!

So if anyone else will be up there around that time...post in and let me know!

See some of you all at Epcot thing and Mousefest in the meantime.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. zackiedawg

Just a reminder on this one - thought I'd bump it up! Since it's now post-Mousefest, this is now my next Disney trip.

Looking forward to getting back on the Boardwalk - Saratoga's nice, but more removed from the parks - I love being able to walk into Epcot anytime - even just walking in one night for a meal, and walking right back out! With the International Gateway being so close to France, England, and Canada, it's just a convenient walk from Boardwalk for dinner at one of those spots.

Mousefest is still not even a month ago, but I'm already having withdrawals to get back up there! I am hoping for a cold front - nice low 60's during the day, 40's at night, thin crowds, sunny skies. It makes it the perfect time of year to be up there!

If anyone else is in the World during those dates, let me know - maybe we can meet up.

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Wish I could! Just miss you....already looking forward to my trip. Becoming an mini-magical gathering for us now.

4. zackiedawg

One week and one day to go! Next Friday, I'll be somewhere on the Turnpike northbound by this time.

Pleeeeaaaasssse, weather - bring me a cool front! I switched from Memorial Day weekend to January to enjoy cooler temperatures...this 85-degrees-and-humid thing we've got going on has to STOP!

5. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

When I was there at the beginning of this month and it was freezing. from a former resident of Chicago it was truly cold at the beginning of this month. I am a floridian but love cold weather and it was too cold for me.

6. Roger

My trip got bumped down by two days and my family isn't tagging along. :(

But at least I'm still going.

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

dude is has been FREEZING here in new jersey... i WISH it was 85 right now.

8. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I hate humidity.

9. Roger

Tim, I'll take your winter over the bipolar winter we're having this year.

Ice/sleet expected Thursday, in the 70s this weekend. Been like that for a few weeks now.

10. zackiedawg

Grass is greener, Tim (actually, your grass may be brown and covered in ice...but that's beside the point). I miss winters big time...too many years away. I've lived in Florida and California for most of the last 30 years of my life, and going that long with only 1 season starts to get old!

Besides...praying for a cold front while at Disney doesn't mean Jersey-style cold...I just love those upper-50s/lower-60s sunny days and cool mid-40s crystal-clear nights when walking around WDW.

It looks like I'm getting a compromise - not as good as I hoped for, but not as bad as it has been the past few weeks. Forecast currently says Friday will be mid-60s day, and around 50 at night...the next day hits low 70s and the night hits mid 50s, then Sunday and Monday push back to 80s with nights probably not getting out of the 60s. I can live with that! And maybe if I get lucky that cool front coming in Thursday can stall and come in a day later.

3 more days!!

11. Tim

its been a wacky winter here also... 2 weeks ago it was in the 60's, now it's in the 20's...
    crazy stuff, man.

12. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Have Fun Justin. Looks like the front is perfect timing. Hopefully you'll get some sunny skies. Its been very overcast on this coast this week.

13. Roger

I have a wait a few more days to see what the weather is expected to be like... but our winter goes bipolar (again) this weekend. High of 36 today to the low 70s this weekend.

14. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Here in Tallahassee it's been raining everyday and overcast all day.

15. nrose101

nrose101 Member

It is WAY to warm here in South Florida. I really need to move :(

16. zackiedawg

Hasn't it, Nathan! Crazy hot winter for us - only two or three total days so far this winter that the low got under 50.

Not to mention the last two days of SERIOUS rain! We've gotten rainstorms the past two evenings that dumped 5-10 inches EACH DAY from northern Broward co to north of Boynton. My drive home from work yesterday felt like i was recreating the underwater Lotus scene from Spy Who Loved Me. Rain was so intense I couldn't see the end of my hood, and standing water was 4-6 inches across the entire roadway. Thank god for all-wheel drive!

Looks like the rain cleared today...and should be good for the next few days...and as Craig mentioned, looks like a cool front is coming in just in time - the next few nights should be low 50s and days around 65-75 - not bad at all! I hope the crowds are thin too...should be a relaxing trip.

17. nrose101

nrose101 Member

That rain was horrible the other night. I have not seen it so bad in years!

18. Tim

it snowed really hard here yesterday. didn't last too long but it was ripping pretty hard. i need a warm weather fix. asap.

19. Roger

Go to Florida next weekend Tim!

20. nrose101

nrose101 Member

Trade You!