It's a cold day in Hades.....(camera shopping)

Discussion in 'Buying and Selling' started by Roger, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Glad to see that they are watching out for the consumer still.

3. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Kudos to them for protecting the consumer interest.

4. Roger

I'm glad they finally did something about them. ; Those stores have been scamming people for decades, even before the internet. ; Used to advertise a ton in Pop. Photo magazine, Shutterbug, etc.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

it's a shame it took this long... those store are just AWFUL. ; BUYER BEWARE!
    hmmmmm, let's see... "canon 5d mark 2 for $1200? ; OH OH that's not a scam! ; i'll take 2!"

6. Roger

That's for the cheap construction made in Malaysia model. ; No warranty. ; You really want the made in Japan model, only $700 more.

And it doesn't include a battery, that'll be $100 more, the charger another $200, and the software you'll need to view your pics - they're special now because of HD video, and it runs $500.

And did I tell you that it won't use your older film lenses? ; You'll need the special Sigma HD lense[nb]sic intentionally[/nb] - 28-300mm, only $800. ; I'm charging your cc now for $7500, there is a special HD camera $250 shipping fee for each one. ; Thanks for doing business with us!

7. HW

HW Member

about 7 yrs ago I purchased a printer from one of the Brooklyn stores online before I knew about them being run by shady characters and luckily wasn't scammed and saved 80 bucks off B and M prices