Illuminations from Japan

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by jbwolffiv, Oct 26, 2012.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

After watching the show from Japan the previous night I decided to try this location out the next evening as it was EMH. ; Boy did that change the crowd size a ton! ; So after my fail with trying to frame Wishes through the ND filter the week before I was smarter, I framed my shot before putting the filter on! ; Only I still framed WAY too much sky (I really dont know Illuminations that well). ; So these are cropped down a lot just like my Wishes shots. ;

[​IMG]
    Illuminations I by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Illuminations II by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Illuminations III by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

2. These are great! ; Love the blue one.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Peter!

4. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

These are great shots!!

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

Excellent work John! ; The colors are great!

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

With Canon cameras you can use live preview to frame out your shots, regardless of how many or how dark the ND filters are. ; It really works awesomely.

7. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

those are beautiful John!

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Craig!

Thanks Michael!

I did use the live view on my Nikon, yet it did not show well with the filter on (or I am not using it properly, which could be very possible too!).

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Great shots! ; I especially like the shadowed image of the Torii Gate on the left forefront of the pics. ;

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

10. marioduenaz

marioduenaz Member

Great photos looking forward to our trip in a couple of weeks!

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Mario!

12. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

John these came out great! ; I want to shoot from over there one of these days.

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Jeff, it was a great spot since I did not have to be there 90 minutes early, think I set up at 8:40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. HPS3

HPS3 Member

Nice job John! Were you shooting from the 2nd story? What FL were you shooting at?

15. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Harry! ; I was not on the second level, all that space was taken already when I arrived. ; I was back near the entrance to the store. ; These were shot at 18mm I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. bmitch

bmitch Member

Really well done. I like all of them.

17. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks!!!!

18. Epcot 92

Epcot 92 Member

Im digging all of them! especially the 2nd one, thats my favorite! I need to get a ND filter myself...

Love the sense of size and Majesty of them all.

19. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks!!

20. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I learned a few Pixelmanias ago about the live view differences with Nikon - I had been helping with the idea of using live view for night shots to help better see and frame a shot in extreme dark - something I've been doing on my Sony DSLRs for years - the Canon folk were able to get the same effect I did, but the Nikon folks couldn't. ; I discovered that Nikon does not offer any exposure simulation in their live view mode, so unfortunately don't get quite the same gain-up visualization of the scene in live view or preview. ; Just FYI - live view and live preview is very useful with exposure simulation for seeing through ND filters or focusing and framing in extreme dark, but without exposure simulation, it's not really as usable for this purpose.