I bought tickets for Disney on Ice today!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by NanasMama, Apr 8, 2009.

1. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

The new Worlds of Fantasy show. After doing some research it looks like "professional" cameras are not allowed. Now my little D50 is in no way a professional camera. I'm thinking to pair it with my 35mm 1.8 (no hood) and it will look like a very large point and shoot. Correct? LOL!

I'm just a mom with a camera that loves Disney and loves to take pictures :D.

Anyone have any further information about the photo policies at these things?

Here's the one link I found: http://www.feldentertainment.com/PrincessWishes/PhotoPolicy.aspx

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Is that going to be enough reach?

Anyway, you may get away with it....it seems that "professional" either means no white lenses, no lenses larger than 4/5 inches long, or no cameras with removable lenses at all.

Ten years ago I was able to get my 200/2.8L into a Women's World Cup game...nowadays, might not be as possible.

3. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

I think so. I don't mind if I get the entire scene instead of closeups. I use my 35mm almost exclusively at Disney this last time and I loved it. My other option is a 50mm 1.8. My 105mm macro will most certainly be too big. The kit lenses are way too slow.

I also thought about covering my camera strap with something girly. That way it doesn't scream "I'm a NIKON!"

I think I'll take a chance either way :). If they ask me to take it out I will.