High School Musical 3!

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Sheila Gallant-Halloran, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Hi - just returned from seeing the movie with my DD9 and DD2 and hubby. ; It was great! ; Very sad to think it's the last one. ; Girls are already singing several of the songs. ; Go see it!

Sheila

2. scratch

scratch Member

Wish it was the last one!

They introduced the new character in this movie for HSM4!

It was cute and predictable! ; A Feel Good Movie!

3. Yeah, you're right - but I don't think for me, personally, the new two or three characters have any staying power. ; Don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't gone yet - but they seem to be leaving it open for one original to return. ;

Can't imagine the franchine continuing without the original 5/6, but Disney has marketing gold with these guys right now - the new HSM3 stage show opens at HS today (or was it yesterday) with new dancers. ; They seem to realize that the tweens are growing up, but there's a whole bunch of new tweens to target. ; I'll probably get caught with dd2 anyway - she LOVES the songs, and was telling me her favourites in the hour long queue outside the theatre (that's after buying our tickets online). ;

So, I'll probably see whatever editions emerge next - with HSM4, etc., - I just felt so sad watching HSM3, cause I felt the message was loud and clear that this was "it" for most of these guys. ; THey won't have HSM goes to college. ; But I agree, it is a feel good movie (if you don't get too sad :)...) - we all really enjoyed it. ; Different scale than the whole tv versions for sure.

Sheila

4. scratch

scratch Member

I have to agree, there were a few moments that caught me teary eyed!

Time will tell!

5. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Going to take the kids to see it tomorrow my wife is going to see another movie.

6. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

I thought that this movie was fantastic! ; By far the best of the trilogy. ; I still prefer the music from part 2 and the choreography from part 1, but for an overall movie, this was indeed the best.

I was sad when it was over. ; I know that several of the original 6 (although we've grown to love 7) are moving onto bigger and better things, but it's still sad none the less.

Did anyone else read the rumour of Zac Efron playing along side Johnny Depp in PoC4? ; I think that he would be perfect in that role and it would be just about the best movie he could take on to successfully get this talented young man out of the HSM sterotype of Troy Bolton.

7. It was definitely the best scored and overall production. ; I still am nostalgic for #1 though - there was so much innocence. ; That's long gone by 3 as we're dealing with big stars now.

Zac Ephron in P0C would be a big deal for Disney - and I'd definitely be there to see him. ; He and Johnny - wow. What a combo that would be! But don't forget Zac's role in Hairspray. ; He's already done some work to distance himself from Troy Bolton.

I know DD9 will miss him terribly in HSM, though - even though she now has Jonas Brothers pictures hanging were some Zac Ephron pictures used to be...

8. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

DD 9 went to see it with a friend.
    She normally doesn't admit to liking the HSM movies but she enjoyed it.
    She was surprised that ; Ryan found a girlfriend.

[​IMG]

9. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Problem is Hairspray was released while the HSM trilogy was still going on. ; So, he's still best known as Troy. ; He'll need to make a clean cut from HSM altogether and land himself a fantastic role to successfully leave HSM behind him.

Whatever movie he makes, I'll be watching. ; He's soooo handsome and so very talented!

10. scratch

scratch Member

I told DD about the rumour that Zac will be in POC but she said that she heard on the radio that he denies it!

11. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

They showed a longer blooper reel at the end of the movie. ; They also showed the video of the winner from High School Musical; Get in the Picture. ;

12. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

I really enjoyed HSM3...........but Hairspray........just love it!!!

13. ok - did others go see it? ; What did you think? ; DD9 wants to go back a 2nd time (she's showed restraint 'til now).

It was funny to have Ryan ask a girl out on a date - but Disney has to keep it 'g' rated for the conservative masses (even though my dd9 certainly knows, respects, and appreciates that everyone "likes" who they like...)

14. Rogue

Rogue Member

Im a sucker for teen flicks ;D

haven't seen it yet but really want to