Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NanasMama, Feb 14, 2009.

1. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

I'm really excited to have found this forum. I love Disney and I love taking pictures. One of the hardest things for me to remember is to hand off the camera sometimes so I can prove I was there, LOL!

WDW Magic Kingdom Mainstreet USA:
    [​IMG]

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome to the boards!

Yeah I'm not in too many pictures myself.

3. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

On my last trip, I totally forgot to hand off my camera. I'm only in the Photopass shots. I get to try again next month!

4. goofy101

goofy101 Member

welcome

5. goofmick

goofmick Member

Welcome

6. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

Thank you, goofy101 & goofmick!

7. Paul

Paul Member

welcome to the TMIP community Amanda

8. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

Thank you, Paul! :)

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Indeed, welcome Amanda! That pic above may become a classic, with those guys not around anymore.

Glad to have you aboard the boards!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  10. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

Oh, no! I will miss them greatly. We walked into the Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2 years ago and they were singing. I got up the nerve to ask for a picture and had my husband click the shutter. They were an awesome group.

Thank you for the welcome, Justin :).

11. gary

gary Member

welcome aboard

12. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

Thanks Gary! :D

13. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

welcome, amanda.
    when did the dapper dans go away? hadn't heard that one.

14. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Well I heard rumor that they ended their run in January...Don't know 100% that they are gone, or gone for good...but that was the predominant rumor I had heard.

15. Deniz

Deniz Member

Welcome Amanda, and happy to see you posting pictures! I feel you on the lack-of-self pictures in the park. My friend asked for one picture of me with a character, and I had to dig out photos from when I went to park as a 6 year old!

I really, really hope the Dapper Dans are not gone for good; I think they are the living embodiment of what Disney's Main Street is supposed to be like.

16. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

Thank you Deniz :).

I try to visit Mickey and get a picture every time I'm at the park. So far I haven't missed one, LOL. But it's usually a photopass picture. They are funny when I pass off my DSLR with a prime attached :D.

In about a month I'll be walking down Main Street again!!!

17. Good for you! I met TJ (the "Please enjoy your stay guy" from the Travel Channel specials) at Tower of Terror (who I believe has worked there since day 1) but I chickened out to ask him for a picture. Now Im regretting it :(.

I asked a complete stranger if it is was okay if I took some shots of his adorable little girls dancing in their princess dresses but chickened out when it came to TJ. I guess I was star struck! :D

18. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Welcome to the boards.

19. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

I'm not sure what it is about Disney, but I don't usually have trouble asking someone to take my picture. I just have to remember to do it! It's fun to offer to take someone's family picture, too :) :D.

20. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Welcome to the boards.