Hello from Northern Ontario!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Marlynmik, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Marlynmik

Marlynmik Member

We just decided that we are going to take our very first trip as a family to Disney World in the spring. ; The last time I was there was in 1987 or 1988. ; DH has never been. ; We have a 3 year old DD who is obsessed with Princesses, Mickey, Tinkerbell and Pooh. ; We thought of waiting until she was older, but I'm sure this will not be our last trip :) ; We have some flexibility with dates since she is not in school yet so we'd like to go when the crowds are smaller and the weather isn't too hot (or too cold). ; Our busy time at work is during the winter months which is why we are aiming toward April or May (before summer vacation and summer heat) ; Likely the weekend of Easter, which is end of April (since we'd already be closed for 3 days) ; I'm very pleased to have found this forum: I thrive on over-planning vacations so this is right up my alley - nothing beats been-there-done-that advice from fellow canadians!

2. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Welcome to the site

1. What's your first name?
    2. Do you have a nickname?
    3. What Province do you live in?
    4. How did you find the DisneyMagic.ca forums?
    5. Age (or age range)?
    6. Marital status?
    7. Occupation?
    8. Favorite food?
    9. What vehicle do you have?
    10. Which WDW park is your favorite?
    11. Who is your favorite character in a WDW attraction?
    12. How often do you take a trip to WDW?
    13. Explain your user name/how you came up with it.
    14. How long have you been a Disney addict?

3. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Welcome to the community. ; You will find that there has been a lot that has changed since your last trip, it will probably be like a first trip all over again. ; Your daughter will have an amazing time as well seeing all the characters. ; Feel free to ask as many questions as you would like.

4. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

welcome!

We are taking our children (DS will be 3.5 and this LO will be 6mths) in February for the first time. We honeymooned there in 2006, and I know from the folks around here there have been plenty of changes in just that time!

5. Marlynmik

Marlynmik Member

Thanks for the welcome ;)

BTW weemcp, I'm Lynne & Marc on WB - I figured you out! (actually I'm sure it was one of your posts that brought me to this site)

I'm 28, married with one DD who is 3. ; My username is a mix of our 3 names :)

Like I said before, even though I've been before as a kid (I was maybe 6?) I consider this our first trip to Disney World.

6. obo101

obo101 Member

Greetings!

7. weemcp

I do tend to mention it a lot when the topic of disney comes up~

8. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

9. Marlynmik

Marlynmik Member

I booked 5 nights in a Tower room at Contemporary!! ; Feb 10-15.

[move] SOOOOO EXCITED!!![/move]

10. weemcp

awesome. I think we are going to be there from the 1 - 8 of feb. ; We have yet to book though