Hello all, I'm back.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Northern Sorcerer Mickey, Sep 17, 2010.

1. After a long long absence time now should now allow me to participate more on the forums (Sean you can stop bugging me now).

Many things have happened in my life (both good and bad) but I think I have balance again.

One of the greatest announcements are after 17 years of debate we finally purchased DVC.

2. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

YAY, Congrats on buying a DVC, now that you have, I bet you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Welcome back!

3. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Who are you again?

4. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

welcome back! Congrats on your DVC purchase!

5. deblen4

deblen4 Member

Welcome back and congratulations on the purchase. ; Which property did you buy? ; Did you buy a new property or via the 'used' resale market? ; I'm curious because we are shopping for more points and I have a couple of resale contracts of interest, but I've also left a message with our DVC agent to find out what options are available from Disney. ; It's always a nightmare to determine which is best depending how you analyze it.

6. We purchased at 100 pts to start at Bay Lake. The had some really good incentives for Saratoga but the maintenance is much higher.

Just an FYI our sales rep said that they may be limiting which resorts you can stay at with a resale in the near future (no date given). He said that any resale property would only be able to book DVC or the Disney Collection. This would eliminate using it at ABD, RCI and the Concierge Collection.

As of right now I would say it is a regret not purchasing sooner. Looking back at what we have spent we probably would have saved 1000's and it would have been paid off by now. ;

7. realfam

realfam Member

Welcome back! ; And its always good to see another canadian DVC member. ; You will never regret. ; We love our DVC, and have already been talking about adding our 3rd contract......

8. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Plan a holiday the last two weeks of August.
    Realfam his crew and the Hamettes and I are usually around.

9. Funny enough we were there from Aug 25-Sept 4...... Maybe next time

10. realfam

realfam Member

When's our next trip? ; I'm working on Hamham to join us in december. ; Any word yet Hamham.....

11. Next stay will be one night (Feb 25th). The day before we depart on a 7 Day Eastern Caribbean Cruise.

In the summer we are planning on Hilton Head.

After that who knows.

12. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

How was the trip?