HDR @ the Contemporary Resort Pool

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Craig, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I kind of planned to do some HDR's this trip of the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower. I say kind of, because I didnt feel like using a tripod. This is 7 shots auto-bracketed by the camera with a stop between each shot.

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Ooooo...did the HDR clean up the reflections or did you use a filter? ; Very nice, Craig.

3. Craig

I used a polarizer a lot this trip.
    I really wanted the deep blue, "right after a cold front" skies to show!

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Very nice Craig!

5. Craig

HDR @ Bay Lake Tower

Here is one I shot about the same time from the edge of the quiet pool at the Contemporary:

(Shot the same way as before, 7 shots auto bracketed)

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

6. Roger

Holy electric blue Batman!

7. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Looks great- I need to use my cp more.

8. Cory_Disbrow

Cory_Disbrow Member

Very nice natural HDR work!

9. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Beautiful shots, Craig. ; You do HDR proud.

10. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots Craig! ; I need to get a polarizer for my other lens, I have one that goes on the kit lenses, but the 28-135 is a little bigger then those.

11. Craig

thanks everyone!!

Poly, I like to buy filters for my biggest filter thread size (77mm), then I always have a step up ring on my other lenses, so that filters are interchangelable.

My 18-200 is a 72mm size, but I have a step up ring on it always, and use 77mm UV filters, polarizer, and close up filters

12. goofmick

goofmick Member

Great tip Craig, great shots too

13. PolynesianMedic

Thanks for the tip Craig!

14. Craig

I should add though, that you then need to buy a new lenscap and your hood wont work either (if you use one, I don't)

15. PolynesianMedic

I haven't used a hood since I was in WDW with a rented lens and got horrible shadows from the hood. ; Thanks for the info about the cap though.

16. Craig

COOL! lets start our own club!
    I think we are in the minority.
    I hate hoods beacuse I think it draws even more attention to the camera and you. I rarely see where a hood helps.

17. goofmick

goofmick Member

I'll join. ; I forgot to take the hood off and got terrible shadows from the flash while at WDW. ; Won't make that mistake again.

18. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Were you by chance using the flash? ; The hood itself shouldn't cause shadows.

19. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

If you are using the on-board flash on the Nikon and have the hood on the lens you will get a very noticeable shadow if you are using a lens such as the 18-135 or 18-200 when it's not at it's widest. ;

20. Roger

I can think of many lenses, even on FF that the hood blocks the onboard flash.