Has anyone ever camped at Fort Wilderness Campground?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by ABC Mom, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ABC Mom

ABC Mom Member

We have been planning in our hearts to go to WDW for quite some time, unfortunately our wallets have not always agreed with our hearts.
    We are re-visiting the idea of going and realized that it might actually be feasible if we go with our travel trailer and stay at the Fort Wilderness Campground. It will cost us under $600 for the entire week for our family of 5 to stay there (3 boys aged 8, 6 and 2).
    Has anyone been there or stayed there before? They say they have a "Swimming Hole"....is it a pool, or a pond/man-made lake type idea?
    In the past we have only stayed at All-Star Sports.
    Any help ; and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

When hubby and I were at WDW we met an older couple that go every year. They drive their RV and stay at the campground and they love it. They bring their kids and grandkids for 1 week, and then spend the 2nd week alone.
    I think they had been doing it for 3 or 4 years - and they planned on going back again the next year.

That said, I have no experience myself though

3. ABC Mom

ABC Mom Member

Thanks....we keep going back and forth...I think we should just get a hotel/resort or condo.
    Maybe we can check out the campground ; while we are there and then decide for next time... :)

4. realfam

realfam Member

We did it in 2005 in a 5th wheel. ; We like it. ; Beautiful campground with great pool and walking trails. ; Its a great location for buses and taking the ferry boat to the MK. ; My only advice would be if you are planning on do it make sure your camper has air conditioning. ;