Grand Floridian, close and from afar

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Jun 14, 2011.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Continuing the resort threads and catching up on my last few trips of photos I never posted...this time, the Grand Floridian. ; First, I had some shots of her at night, taken from the Polynesian boat dock while waiting for fireworks in September 2010:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one was a little more challenging - taken at early night when approaching Grand Floridian on the resort boat from Magic Kingdom - of course, handheld from the moving boat meant high ISO - in this case ISO3200:
    [​IMG]

The ubiquitous lobby shots which I love...this with my Tamron 10-24mm ultrawide and using in-camera HDR to control the window highlights and pick up shadow detail:
    [​IMG]

Fast forward to last week, while there again - this time in the daytime...this was walking towards the monorails int he center courtyard area - I was initially shooting the pool area and colorful buildings, but got distracted somewhat by the cute duck mom and ducklings walking across, so my composition swayed in that direction. ; This was with my NEX mirrorless camera:
    [​IMG]

Another HDR lobby shot, this time with my NEX mirrorless and 18-55 kit lens, using 3-frame in camera HDR:
    [​IMG]

And the car in the front entry:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots Justin. ; That place is beautiful, but just not my cup of tea. ;)

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

All nice shots Justin!

4. zackiedawg

Ah...a tea reference! ; I love the place myself - but you do have to be in a different air and mood. ; I stayed there many times as a teen, as my stepfather's medical conventions set us up there in a concierge room. ; Loved the afternoon tea and cookies, breakfasts out in the patio courtyard feeding the ducks, and boating over to MK.

Thank you John!

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Justin! ; The twilight shots from the boat are especially impressive

6. Paul

Paul Member

Beautiful Justin, really like seeing the Grand Flordian at Night

7. zackiedawg

Thanks Michael and Paul!