Going to Disneyland soon for the first time

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by ELinder, Mar 11, 2013.

1. ELinder

ELinder Member

In a few weeks I'll be in LA for a long weekend to visit my nephew. Also going to the Reagan Museum to see and photograph the D23 exhibit there. I'll be focusing mainly on the Nautilus submarine filming miniature on display.

I'll have 1 day to go to Disneyland. Having only been to the World, any "don't miss" suggestions to do and/or photograph?

Erich

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

If it is playing, the original Fantasmic! ; And obviously cars land since you can't get that yet in FL. Toontown.

3. ELinder

ELinder Member

Is the Fantasmic that different than the one in FL?

Erich

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Yes. I think it's more magical because you can walk on the stage during the day, it has Peter Pan rather than Pocahontas and it uses the Columbia and mark Twain in the show. Both of which you can ride if they aren't being rehabbed. Now the disadvantage is that it's either stand or sit on the ground for seating.

5. BMoore

BMoore Member

Hi,
    You might want to try "The World of Color" in California Adventure, Its not easy to photograph (at least for me) but its a very good show.

6. ELinder

ELinder Member

I'll have to check YouTube for the World of color show before I leave to scout it out. With only 1 evening I'm not sure how many night shows I can catch.

Erich