Game 7's don't disappoint!

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by jbwolffiv, Apr 26, 2012.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Wow!!! ; Boy they did not disappoint! ; I get to keep my beard for a while longer! ;

Thank you Adam Henrique!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

BRING IT ON, WOLFF!!

I will admit, it was a heck of a game. ; I only wish the Senators would have pulled their weight a bit more...

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Yep!! ; If I was to complain, it would have been that the Sens did not win, but I will take what I got!

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Brodeur is not the goalie he was so am not sure if he can last a long run. ; Philly's goalie is very suspect but they can score. ; Should be an interesting series.

Boston sure blew it. ; They went into a defensive shell and played for the one goal win instead of pushing for an insurance goal. ; They got what they deserved says the Montreal fan from the golf course.

Right now the Western teams look stronger than what's left in the East. ; If the Rangers do not start playing better in front of Lundqvist, they are going to have a tough time against Washington who has a hot goaltender of their own in Holtby and are playing the best team defense they have played all season. ; Oh, and the best power forward since Maurice "Rocket" Richard in Ovechkin.

Let the games begin!

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I agree. ; Having watched almost every one of Marty's games over the last 18 years, he is still good, does not get flustered, but is not at the same level he was a few years ago. ; Not too many goalies have been successful into their 40's (his is a week from Sunday). ; Here is one guy hoping he can end his career on a great high note. ;

6. Tim

Sorry, John, but I really like the Flyers in the matchup. ; They can score at will and their power play is unstoppable right now. ; If Bryz even remotely has his head in the game, he can be lights out like he was in late February, early March before he got hurt. ;

I fully admit that this is a totally biased opinion, however.

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Biased or not, I don't know if the Devils have enough firepower and team defense to last with Philly in 7 games. ; That being said, one game at a time. ; Looking forward to Sunday!

Plus, I know it it cliche, but I truely feel a few key players on the Devils are injured, they just dont seem to have any jump like the usually do (Kovy, Clarkson and Elias). ; We wont know until they dont play or the Devils get eliminated.

8. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

9. Tim

Couldn't have said it better myself.

10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Well with my Panthers now gone, and the dreaded Devils still in it, Washington is my final hope in the east for a team I don't dislike to actually win...otherwise, I gotta say I'm rooting west all the way. ; L.A. is one of my favorite teams going back to when I lived there, and the other three western teams I have nothing against and they've never had a Cup. ; In the East, I like Washington, and could tolerate the Rangers in a pinch, but NJ or Philly winning would be like tossing the Stanley Cup in a dumpster behind a housing project.

Go...anyone but Philly and NJ! ; ;)

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Whoa, dreaded?
    You need to put the Rags in the same pile as the Devils and Flyers!!!!

12. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

:mad:
    Grrrrrr

13. zackiedawg

Hah...I say it with love. ; Don't forget, I grew up in Paterson NJ - doesn't get much more dumpster than that!

14. Tim

Touché

15. Tim

Game one is in the books with the Flyers holding on to win 4-3 in overtime. ;

16. zackiedawg

I don't really want either...but I have to declare Philly the lesser of two evils...so I am OK with the result today!

17. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I seem to be the only one that isn't!

18. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

What a game Tim! I expected a tough first period after sitting for a week, but Bryz came up huge! Danny B fist pumps all night!!!

19. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Game two in the books, Devils 4-Flyers1, series tied at 1.

20. Tim

Not sure what happened in the 3rd period there. ; Ridiculous.