Frozen?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dez97, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Dez97

Dez97 Member

So this is a little late but Frozen came out a few months ago, and even though its seeming to be so long ago its still around and people can't get enough of the song "let it go" and how different frozen was from every other Disney movie there was....so I decided to just get everybody's thoughts on the subject and such.

Personally I didn't think the movie was all that great, mind-blowing and different from every other movie. I think everyone should just honestly calm down with the "do you wanna build a snow man stuff" and the "let it go" mobs its really not that serious.

I love Disney movies and I will watch them all day but frozen just wasn't all that much of a big whole spark for me.

2. kdenean

kdenean Member

I totally agree with you! Not my favorite Disney movie by any extension. I watched it over Christmas break with my family and we were all pretty "meh" about the whole thing. It was okay, but not as amazing as everyone has made it out to be.

3. Dez97

Dez97 Member

Thank you! Its so great to know that someone else feels this way with me, and was mature about it instead of going off and losing their minds about the fact that someone else disagreed with them lol. Thanks.

4. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I agree with the previous opinion, the film was not great or awesome it was just an okay movie but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it because I did. Would I watch it again? No.

5. kinary

kinary Member

Frozen isn't my favorite movie. I do really like it though and I get why they say its so different from other Disney movies. It seems like a different story about love, the love between sisters and friends. Its also not the stereotypical princess and queen dynamic. I like that the dashing prince was actually the bad guy. Also the music sort of takes your back to the 90's Disney movies. The songs were well written and catchy. They also did that whole main song with the Character and a version with a pop star, which I think they got out of for a while.

6. brandon0818x

brandon0818x Member

Frozen has a great soundtrack. Compared to other movies, the songs are much more catchy and sing-a-long-able. Since I walked into the movie already knowing the songs, the movie felt like a great, big music video to me. The plot wasn't the greatest, but I like the music.

7. Reeyuru

Reeyuru Member

I do love Frozen and I think it was brilliantly made but I agree it wasn't super mind-blowing. The soundtrack is a huge strong point and I'm impressed by all the people who have managed to memorize all the lyrics and are able to suddenly burst into song at a moment's notice. I am unlucky or lucky enough to know people like that.

The movie felt kind of short and small to me though, maybe it's because it took place in a smaller area when I'm used to big adventures. But I like stories either way. I still think Frozen was great.

8. sirridge

sirridge Member

My daughter has been in love with this movie since day one. Ever since we got it at hlme it has been watched at least 4 or 5 times a week.

To sit through from start to finish I don't think it is that amazing. It is good for sure, but not amazing.

It does have a lot of good parts though, including most of the songs. There are several times where I stop cleaning or whatever I'm doing to sit down and just watch a small four minute chunk before I get back to whatever I was doing.
    It is definitely a good movie..

9. bunnyboo

bunnyboo Member

I remember when this movie came out. My friend were SO obsessed with. They still are! It was a good movie but not a great movie. The animation was fantastic but the story was not very unique in my opinion. The only thing that was different was that Elsa did not have a significant other while Anna did. I do not remember seeing something like this in any other movie. I really like the animation.

10. Cookyes

Cookyes Member

I agree with a good majority of the previous post before mine. I recall when the movie first came out I thought to myself, " Really? A movie about Snowmen? Lame." That was the ignorance on my part for not doing any research whatsoever as to what the movie was really about. But I thought nothing more of it until all of the kids within my class started gushing about how and I quote "Amazing" this particular movie was, and I admit again I brushed it off. However I continually kept hearing about this movie. So one day in class my teacher had a nice spell and decided to give us a break and she put on on..You guessed it Frozen. I'll be one of the first to admit the songs as are most Disney songs was very catchy, however that's almost all it had going for it. Once the credits started rolling my overall impression was "that was an ok movie,nothing to brag about". Except the kids just started buzzing like a swarm of bees again about how amazing it was. Maybe I just need to rewatch it, I guess I'm missing something.