For Sale: Nikon 50mm f/1.2 & Sigma UWA

Discussion in 'Buying and Selling' started by Jeff Fillmore, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

For Sale:

Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 - Good Condition, Silky Smooth Manual Focus. ; Asking $450

Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG HSM for Nikon - Good Condition with Original Case. ; Excellent UWA Lens for Full Frame Cameras. ; Asking $550

Of the 50/1.2
    [​IMG]

With the 50/1.2
    [​IMG]

Of the Sigma UWA
    [​IMG]

With the Sigma UWA ; (Where is the fountain you ask? ; Behind me. ; ;))
    [​IMG]

2. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Okay Jeff, what are you getting this time???

4. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Thinking about something in a 14-24/2.8 size-

You know I'm not happy unless I'm buying & selling something-

5. Roger

In a few years you can pick one up from the

nasasellsofftheiss.ebay.com site

6. Roger

You know Jeff, if the rumors are true, your other lens is going to see the resale value plummet shortly.....

7. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Those rumors were around when I bought it. ; But I still would not mind if they were true- I would love an updated version.

8. Roger

The rumors seem serious that 3 primes can no longer be ordered from Nikon Japan. ; Canon and Sony have already fired their CES barrage (heh so did Samsung)....Nikon's next announcement is expected later this month..

9. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

There is no way a new wide prime from Nikon is going to be anything but crazy expensive anyway. ; I cant believe the new 70-200vr is $2400- (I can't believe I want one...)

10. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

11. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

If I had a full frame Nikon, I'd be all over it. ; Good luck with the listing.

12. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Thanks Tom-

Buying- selling- now chasing a 14-24

All your fault of course- that UWA thread over on that other board- pure evil-

13. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

I think it would be a tough call for me between the Sigma and the Nikon. ; Sure, everyone gushes over the 14-24, so it's the obvious choice, but there is the issue of money (it doesn't grow on trees in my neighborhood; since you're selling gear to pay for it and/or justify it to your wife ;) I would imagine it's the same way down there) but the other issue is those 2mm. ; I like really REALLY wide shots.

I know you've pointed out a number of issues with the Sigma, so I'm not saying it's on the same plane as the Nikkor, I'm just saying what would/will likely go through my mind if/when I contemplate the same decision. ; If/when I do go full frame, a wide angle lens would/will be the first lens I purchase.

14. Roger

Has anyone online measured the the Sigma 12 v the Nikon 14?

After reading about the new 70-200 VR2 debacle, and knowing that Sigma has a rep for misstating their focal lengths (BIGMA supposedly doesn't go all the way to 500, only about 470ish or something like that).....anything goes.

15. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I dunno- I also read the Sigma 50/1.4 is actually 45mm too. ; I might have them both next weekend before I ship off the Sigma- maybe I'll do a quick test. ;