FIRST PIC - Cinderella Castle Holiday Icicle Lights

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by Tim, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

This thing is GORGEOUS... words cannot do it justice. The lights officially were turned on last night (11/11) as a soft opening surprise and wow did they not disappoint. The lights sparkle, shine, and shimmer in random patterns and part of Wishes! is synchronized to the lights as well. I am sitting in the airport right now posting this and there are plenty more great photos from this past trip to share, including a few surprise shots that I don't think have been gotten before... :)

'Til then, enjoy!

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. idarknight

idarknight Member

Nicely done as always - I wonder if all the parks will get something like this for the holidays.

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I don't know. It snowed (as predicted) in Anaheim. But for some strange reason it's not melting ;-)

(I don't think the effect would work as well in Anaheim; something about size)

Great shot (as usual) Tim!

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

Wow! That looks awesome! I can't wait to see the rest of them.

5. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

wow. I cant wait to see this. We saw the lights partially installed in October.
    This looks like it may be the prettiest "upgrade" to the castle they have done yet.
    Great photo Tim.
    I wonder if the lights will make it even harder for some of us to get the right exposure?

6. Tim

craig, my exposure comp was set to -1,-2 for a bunch of those shots. It can get VERY bright at times.

7. Roger

Are you still at the airport???

8. Tim

yup... Long sad story. Flight delayed 8.5 hours because original plane was late arriving. Not happy right now.

9. Roger

That isn't good. :(

10. handicap18

handicap18 Member

They've been doing it to I believe its Sleeping Beauty Castle in France for quite a few years now.

We're going down in less than 2 weeks. I so can not wait to see it in person. My camera is going to get a serious workout for a week straight.

11. biblioadonis

biblioadonis Member

You have our sympathies, Tim.

Phenomenal shot, btw. One of the best I have seen of the new lights.

12. Tim

george, i am to please and thanks for the nice compliment.
    kyle, welcome back. glad to see you here again.

BTW, I have TONS of shots of this special castle... I only three this photo up quickly from the airport so you could see what it looks like. Much more coming later.

13. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I hope you are home by now Tim. I am sorry to hear about the flight delay. I got back yesterday and had a great time. This is beautiful. I heard this talked about on another podcast tonight on my way into work and was surprised to see a photo of it already. Nicely done. I can't wait to see the rest of the photo's from your trip. Once I go through mine, I will post them as well. I got a few good ones from Fantasmic and other places as well.

14. goofy101

goofy101 Member

WOW that is beautiful, great shot Tim

15. Tim

I just read my Mickey Monitor and they are calling these lights the Castle Dream Lights...

16. Tim

ANOTHER VIEW - Cinderella Castle Dream Lights

moved forward about 25 feet for this one...

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

17. handicap18

handicap18 Member

Great shot. I like that there are still some of the colored lights shining through sometimes. It certainly adds to the beauty of the new lights.

18. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

stunning, is about all I can think of. I can only imagine what it looked like it person. I wish I had one more night there, I would have gotten to see it.

19. Tim

Cinderella Castle Dream Lights - from Liberty Square

Keeps getting better and better doesn't it?

20. Tim

Another view of the Dream Lights from Fantasyland

I really love this one...