Find the Hidden Joe Rhode...

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Tim, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

With deference to my good friend Steve Barrett's book, he needs to write a new one on finding Hidden Mickey Imagineers. If you look at the fellow in the train in the background, the one wearing the white hat, you just might find Imagineer Joe Rhode himself. This "newspaper article" is hanging the in the office of the standby line in Expedition Everest. Mr. Rhode and the Imagineers really outdid themselves with this attraction... the queue line alone is an attraction in itself.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I have to agree with you Tim. That whole section of the park was excellently done; with all the little tidbits on walls before the attraction queue, the area theming....

The first ride of the 3rd Golden Age of Disney Parks? I for one am glad that they've returned to that philosophy. Better than the queue for Screamin'. Or anything else in Paradise Pier, heck all of DCA! (exception: Soarin to a little extent) Even Monsters Inc. retained the bland queue of Superstar Limo.

(1st Golden Age would be from 1954-1971, 2nd Golden Age 1984-1994)

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

a friend of mine and i were lucky enough to have holly, the area manager, take us on a private tour of the standby queue during extra magic hours. the queue was roped off to guests but she took us through, explaining each of the rooms and the significance of their artifacts and props, making sure that i got all of the photos that i could handle and then some. she really took a lot of pride in this attraction and i have a new appreciation for all of the quality and care that rhode and his crew put into the ride.