Festival of the Lion King

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Scott, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Scott

Scott Member

I think its easily the best live show at WDW. What say you?

[​IMG]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

agreed.

3. joedisney

joedisney Member

Yes it is the best live show, and you picture is the best I have ever seen of that live show. You Rock!!!

4. barrie

barrie Member

Definately the best show - I love it. But it's so hard for me to photograph! The darkness and movement are a challenge but the absolute worst thing was all the people in front of me holding their point & shoots up in the air to take photos. I swear, there had to be a hundred cameras floating in the air right in front of me. Forget taking any good photos, I couldn't even see the show. What a drag! Barrie

5. Scott

Scott Member

Barrie, was that you behind me? Sorry! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  6. joedisney

joedisney Member

I agree with Barrie, I have a hard time here too. I can get the exposure correct but my white balance is always wacky here (My cameras biggest flaw ::)). Next time I got to the show I will shot in RAW, maybe I can correct the color better then.

7. Scott

Scott Member

Which camera do you use, Joe? This photo, and all my Disney photos, was shot in JPG. Usually, I use auto WB.

8. joedisney

joedisney Member

Canon 20d, I always shot use to shot jpeg, this is the best I could do this past may, The image was way too yellow, I tried my best to get it back to somewhat normal colors.
    [​IMG]

9. Tim

a few of mine...
    were we all there on the same day? :)

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

10. joedisney

joedisney Member

Tim, these are fantastic, what lens did you use, if I may ask?

11. Tim

if i am not mistaken, it was the 28-135 IS

12. joedisney

joedisney Member

You keep saying that lens, you know I had one a few years back and never took it to Disney, mine was shot with the 50mm 1.8, large aperture and sharp, but not versatile at all.

13. Tim

that lens was my main lens for about 2 years, but recently i sold it to make way for the 24-105L. still, the lens is quite a value at $~400. almost everything in my galleries was shot with that lens.

14. ilene

ilene Member

ditto

15. gary

gary Member

i'm thinking of trying to sit in the top row and give it a shot with the 10-22, i think the reason i've never been happy with my shots in there is i've always used 28-75 and have zoomed in too tight, anyway worth a try
    gary

16. Tim

they are pretty strict with where they seat you, but good luck. i bet that would be a pretty neat photo.

17. gary

gary Member

well i got near the top, but nothing real good came of it, the wide angle was interesting but too slow to be real good, but i'll keep on at it, one of these days i'll get one worthy of printing, until then here's my meager offerings from mousefest
    gary

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

18. mcpaul

mcpaul Member

Sometimes, I think the colours, albeit that they are distorted, add to the atmosphere!

19. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I agree with you guys- between the lighting and the fast movement this is a very difficult show to shoot. Here is my frustrating try at it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]