Favorite place to Eat

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants and Dining' started by CameraGirl, May 6, 2008.

1. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Just wondering...where is your favorite place to eat. ; Counter Service, Sit Down, Character Dining?? ;

We haven't even started to make a dent in the restaurants. ; As of last December I would have to say Cosmic Rays is always good for counter service for us. ; Sit Down i really liked ESPN club and 50's Prime Time, and Character Dining I only have one to mention which is Mickey's Backyard BBQ. ; It was fun, but I am sure there are better ones out there.

2. highland3

highland3 Member

So many choices....

Other than Giradelli's....

I loved the Sci-Fi Diner, just because of the theming. ; The food was good too.

For counter service, you can't beat a good order of fish & chips from the Rose & Crown.

For sit down dinner (without the kiddies) I loved the Portabello Yacht Club.

Like you said Minnie... we too have just barely scratched the surface.

3. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Another ESPN Cafe fan here. Loved the food there when we were down in March. I was also impressed how good the Spoodles take-out pizza was.
    [​IMG]

4. Keeping it short but sweet.

Counter Service - Cosmic Rays
    [​IMG]

Sit Down - Restaurant Marrakesh ; - Morocco
    [​IMG]

Character Dining - Garden Grill - The Land
    [​IMG]

Now for least fav:

Counter Service - Pecos Bill
    [​IMG]

Sit Down - Nine Dragons ;
    [​IMG]

Character Dining - ; Cinderella's Royal Table
    [​IMG]

5. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

For counter service we love Pizza Planet Pizza and Salad makes us thing we are eating healthy and I like the theming. I also really like Cantina de San Angel it is a good value for the money. For table service I sill like Le Cellier. Chef Mickey's can't be beat for character dining.

6. amw

amw Member

I do want to say that DIsney has made a lot of in-roads with its counter service. Great healthy choices for the kids, and I really like that adults can now choose apple slices over fries too.

Counter service:
    We tried Columbia Harbour house at MK for the first time this trip. It had a good variety, and very quiet upstairs. I like Electric Umbrella at Epcot for the sole reason that it has free refills at the pop machine (shhh... I din't say that!). Flame Tree Barbecue was nice at AK ... yummy corn muffin. We also liked Pizza Planet at DHS. The Backlot Express was a quiet place to eat.

I guess that's a theme ... I like some quiet ... for that reason we tend to avoid Pecos Bill, Sunshine Seasons, and we only go to Cosmic Rays if we can sit in the far North corner away from the robots.

Table service:
    Don't like them. We stay offsite so there are so many far better family choices. We like Chevys at the crossroads. I don't mind paying more for DIsney sites if the food was better, but we felt we kept shelling out $100 per meal for rather tasteless pedestrian food. ... but then again, we haven't tried a lot of them. The Plaza Restaurant (MK) was a nice quiet retreat, although basic sandwich/hamburger fare. Nice ice cream dessert for the kids.

Character meal:
    We always do Chef Mickey's, but this last trip was a little disappointing (both interaction & food). But you're paying for the main 5. Kids love it, and we cap it off with a trip on the monorail.

Favourite overall places to eat:
    churrosfrom Mexico, giant pretzels, nestle crunch ice cream bars ... no restaurants needed here ; ;D

7. kevings

kevings Member

Let's go Park by Park

Counter Serve:
    MK: Columbia Harbor House...love the salad
    EP: Sunshine Seasons
    ST: ABC Commisary
    AK: I would have said Tusker House, but now gotta go with Flame Tree BBQ
    resorts: Everything Pop!

Full Serve:
    MK: Tough, don't eat full serve here often, so I gotta go with Liberty Tree Tavern
    EP: Teppan Edo...NO!...Biergarten...No!...Le Cellier...Dang, guess I gotta go with all three...
    ST: 50s Prime Time Cafe
    AK: It's a toss up, Tusker House is great, and so is Yak and Yeti. ; Amazing that this park went from no great full serves to 2 within a year.
    resorts: Boma

Character:
    MK: Crystal Palace
    EP: Akershus
    ST: Hollywood and Dine, I guess
    AK: never done characters here.
    resorts: Cape May Cafe breakfast

8. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

We didn't do any counter service meals

Sit down - dinner, we loved coral reef (Epcot); lunch, we really enjoyed Tony's (MK)

Character, we only did the crystal palace, and I enjoyed it because I got to meet Eeyore!

9. GoofySteve

GoofySteve Member

Wow, this is a tough one.

I am going to cheat and pick two for each category.

Sit down -- Coral Reef Restaurant, Marakeesh Restaurant, both in Epcot

Counter -- Tangerine Cafe in Epcot and Pacos Bill in Magic Kingdom

Character -- Ohanas in Polynesian Resort and Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom.

My only caveat to this list is that my daughter was in her teens before the Princesses craze hit so I can't comment on the many Princesses character meals.

No one mentioned best snacks but I will give it a go -- Churros in Epcot and Mickey Icecream Bars everywhere. (How do they get those bars so cold and hard so they last on hot days?)

Cheers,

Goofy Steve

10. deblen4

deblen4 Member

I like the park by park account of favourites

Counter Serve:
    MK: Cosmic Rays
    EP: Sunshine Seasons
    HS: ? haven't really found a favourite here yet?
    AK: Flame Tree BBQ
    resorts: ; hard to fail with the resorts that have the food courts, like POP, great variety

Full Serve:
    MK: Liberty Tree Tavern, but not really high on my list, I need to find a favourite here yet
    EP: Le Cellier
    HS: Prime Time Cafe
    AK: Tusker House

Character:
    MK: Crystal Palace
    EP: ? haven't done this in years but the Electric Umbrella used to have a Character Breakfast, not sure if it's available anymore?
    HS: Hollywood and Vine
    AK: never done character dining here.
    resorts: Grand Floridian, breakfast with Mary Poppins, 1900 Park Fare I think?

11. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

Our favourites-

Counter service - Cosmic Rays, Flame Tree BBQ, and Cantina de San Angel

Full service- Chefs de France, Brown Derby, California Grill

Character Meal- ; ha! ; Well, haven't been to many, we have no young kids so I need to reserve judgement. ; The last time we did one was Crystal Palace and had a good time.

12. funny how you have different reactions depending on whether you have kids! :)

My favourite character meals - Chef Mickeys (breakfast - too many overtired kids at supper), Ohanas, Supercalifragilistic brfkst or Cinderella's Royal table at 1900 Park Fare, Restaurant Akershus at Norway (my kiddies didn't like NOrwegian food at lunch, so breakfast more popular), Crystal Palace or CRT

Events - Hoop Dee Doo!!! ; Also Fantasmic! dinner package (we usually do h&v with kiddies, Mamma Melrose was a little too fancy for wee one). Whispering Canyons is great too

13. We haven't found a quick sevice that we like yet, but we have 5 new ones picked out for our trip, so I will let you know!

Table service favorite is Le Cellier all the way!! If we could my husband would have us eating ; there every night! lol :D :D