Favorite Disney Villain?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by megara, May 8, 2014.

1. megara

megara Member

I seriously love the villains in Disney movies, and I'm so excited they are making a movie about Maleficent! I like exploring the why and how of villains. So who is your favorite Disney villain?

I personally love Ursula, but I think Hades is exceptional as well - the voice actor was fantastic! What do you guys think?

2. Edware

Edware Member

I love Hades as well! Honestly, I'll have to go with Hades as my all time favorite Disney villain. I also love Captain Hook as a character lol and Ursula is all right in my book.

3. firelily99

firelily99 Member

I think it would be Cruella in 101 Dalmations. She was evil personified and the fact that she had dog pelts as a coat made her seem even more awful and mean.

4. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

I think my favorite Disney Villain would have to be Gaston. I know he's not magical and just a regular guy, but I kind of like the concept that someone isn't necessarily trying to kill the person they're chasing, they're trying to be with them. It's more or less flattering. Creepy... But flattering! Haha!

But if I had to pick a magical villain, it would probably have to be The Evil Queen. :)

5. terryp

terryp Member

My favorite villain would have to be Scar. He was truly ruthless. he killed his own brother, then sent a pack of hyenas to hunt down and kill his nephew. Thankfully, the hyenas failed, but Scar was one of the most evil villains ever!

6. Jeremy Gilkes

Jeremy Gilkes Member

I couldn't agree more with you on this one.

7. JGPangi

JGPangi Member

It's so hard to choose, there are so many of them. Hades was a pretty awesome villain and he had all the best lines. They modeled his face after his voice actor's (James Woods). When it comes to favorites though, it's a three-way tie between Maleficent, Jafar and Cruella. They're all so deliciously malicious!

And has anyone noticed that, aside from Ursula, Disney's villains tend to be on the tall and razor-thin side?

8. Anna Ramsey

Anna Ramsey Member

Maleficent. Hands down. She is just so evil. From the way she looks to the things she does!

9. malia

malia Member

oooh thats a good question :) I would say scar because he was so smart and cocky I LOVED his attitude. And also Hades because as you said that voice was meant to be on screen. I love this question because sometimes the villains capture my heart more than the heros do. ( But don't mind me, I'm cynical in my own right lol)

10. StaLock

StaLock Member

I would have to with scarcas well. Anyone who can kill their own brother is truly a villian and that is the definition of the word. there should be a picture of scar in the dictionary next to the word villain and the word malicious.

11. isabbbela

isabbbela Member

It's probably a tie between Maleficent and Captain Hook... Captain Hook is definitely more fun, where Maleficebt is scarier and is more often of your traditional, actual villain. I could never take Captain Hook as a serious villain!!! However, I was quite scared of Maleficent when I was young.

12. urRei

urRei Member

I haven't seen Maleficent yet. Poor me. :( I was supposed to see it today but the weather here is not cooperating.

Since I don't really know Maleficent's story, I will go for URSULA. Her character's just so dark she's the kind you wouldn't want to mess with and see on the streets. She can be very powerful and intimidating. She can take away your possessions. In Ariel's case, her voice was stolen and Eric too (or almost). Just imagine if that happened to you and you weren't able to get your voice and man back. That is just sooo devastating! :(:mad:

13. firelily99

firelily99 Member

Cruella in 101 Dalmations - she is the pure definition of evil. She also is my favorite character although I really love so many of the characters that have appeared in movies over the years.

14. brandon0818x

brandon0818x Member

I think Hades is by far the funniest villian. I love Hercules, and Hades is such a nice character to add in. It's funny that Hades, the god of death, turned out to be so comedic and became a comic relief.

15. Reeyuru

Reeyuru Member

It's hard, but I think I would go with Scar. I really like his personality and he's just an entertaining character to watch, plus he truly is a great representation of evil. He's so dramatic too.

16. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44 Member

Dr. Facilier, what a smooth talker! He and Hades could have a competition on that and it would be hard to tell who would come out on top, if Hades's godly powers were handicapped a bit.
    I love classy characters, whether they be villains or heroes. Their charm wins me over every time. I can't help it, really. I've always been like that. Which is why I would have to beware of men like him.
    Hook is classy too. Plays that piano-like instrument I forget the name of, tries to use "good form", etc.

Well, there is Governor Radcliffe, The Queen of Hearts, the Sherriff of Nottingham and Pete, although most of them are sort of skinny like Judge Frollo and Madame Medusa or muscular as with Gaston and Shan Yu.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  17. Cookyes

Cookyes Member

Maleficent!! Maleficent!! Maleficent!!! I don't believe anyone will ever understand how deep my respect for her is and I doubt they ever will. No villian from Disney in my opinion will ever be able to ever get on her level of evilness. If you ever just watch "Sleeping Beauty" , or play a game like Kingdom Hearts where she's pretty much the main culprit behind turning Riku to darkness you will see how good she is. The saying "so bad it's good" is strictly for her. She's so sneaky with how she turns people evil or begins a plan for destroying something YOU, actually begin to believe what she's saying almost as if she's the good guy. No offense but you almost want to say she's a player. And while you have villians that may be worst then her, I'm just saying there's no villians that will amount to her evilness. All I'm saying is she has her own movie no other villian can say that.

18. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Hades or Dr. Facilier

19. kinary

kinary Member

I got Hades on a which disney villian are you quiz just the other day. I think I was hoping for Zelena. She was quite awesome. They had thing about green and envious villians this season on Once Upon a Time.

20. simply934

simply934 Member

Although I have never been a fan of villains, Hades from Hercules would have to be the only villain that I enjoyed. He didn't always have that cliche serious attitude that most villains do. Instead, he had a sense of humor which I enjoyed and I was always drawn in to how cool his powers were. :D