EPCOT inside Magic Kingdom

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by rickenmartin78, May 31, 2013.

1. Has anyone ever been able to pull off decent shots of the E.P.C.O.T. model while riding the TTA Peoplemover? ; And by "decent" I mean not-blurry-and-under-exposed-because-your're-shooting-in-a-cave-while-moving-a-couple-miles-per-hour.

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I've got piles of them. ; I will try to post some later.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I've taken a few over the years, though I don't think any would be considered all that good - Indeed it's challenging moving along at speed, in the dark, and with vertical bars every few dozen feet that you have to shoot between!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yep - a little bit of blur, and some blown highlights. ; Maybe I should try again with my newer cameras - these were both a few years back.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Ive tried, but I've got nothin.

5. Those are pretty good, Justin, considering what conditions you have to shoot in.

6. Pops

Pops Member

Hi Justin, I bet you would see a different capture using the new mirrorless camera today. ; Here is about the best in my archive. ; Mine has a lot of grain at ISO 3200.

Every time I see this I wonder what EPCOT would have really been like had Walt lived. I've read several books and it's an interesting story how how he used the experimental city concept as a way to get special breaks and conditions on taxation and building codes from the Florida legislature

[attachimg=1]

Attached Files:

7. zackiedawg

Well I did try this shot again - though I only had one chance this trip - I thought surely I'd ride TTA more, but the schedule got detoured and I ended up not getting back there again. ; This was with a manual lens, so a bit challenging - manual focus, aperture, ISO, and no stabilization...I cranked to F1.4 and ISO6400 - still not as good as I think I can get with a stabilized F1.4 lens and slightly faster shutter speed:

[​IMG]

A little better than some past efforts, not as blown out, but still not quite as clear and perfectly focused as I'd like (manually focusing from a moving ride with F1.4 DOF is a challenge!).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  8. Last one was very nice!

Here's mine from a couple weeks ago:

[​IMG]
    E.P.C.O.T. from the WEDway by rickenmartin78, on Flickr

I really need something more wide angle at f/2.0 or less. ; But like you said, the focus can be tough.

9. zackiedawg

Very nice - you nailed it well - good focus, lack of blur. ; I should try with an F1.4 lens on my DSLR where I can AF it.