Epcot 30th October 1

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Paul, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Paul

Paul Member

Anyone going to be at Epcot Center on Oct 1 for the festivities? ; I have a favor to ask if so. ; Looking to get my hands on this t-shirt that apparently will only be available in the park.

[​IMG]

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

In the off chance that it's available this weekend, what size do you need? ; I can put it in my Owner's Locker and you can pick it up on December.

3. Paul

Paul Member

Large, thanks Dennis I appreciate you looking into it.

4. gary

gary Member

dennis, put me down for an X-LARGE, just tell me how much i owe and i'll pick it up in dec

5. ddindy

I'll only be in Epcot on Saturday afternoon, but I'll be sure to check Mouse Gears for the shirt.

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I'll be there then, too. I will get my own. :)

Sent from my fabulous iPhone 4

7. ddindy

Here's the results of my quest: ; Saturday morning, they had S/M/L but no XL. ; By evening they only had Small. ; I asked a CM and he said XL might be available Monday morning. ; Scott will be checking for you, Gary. ; Paul, look for a PM with the price.

8. Paul

Paul Member

Excellent, thanks Dennis!

9. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

In a LONG line for MouseGears. Hope they have any t-shirts left by the time I get in.

Attached Files:

10. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

^ Ouch! ;

I have not been to Disney in a long time but I certainly don't remember lines like that for a gift shop. ; Only because of the anniversary items?

Question for anyone - I have heard that if you mention to Disney before or during your stay what you are celebrating with them, they will do 'something' for you during your stay. ; Do they 'plus' that if lets just say your birthday happens to fall on the birthday of Epcot or one of the other parks? ; I just found out the other day that Epcot and I both celebrate our birthdays on the same day so it just got me wondering.

11. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Jay, usually its balloons or a card delivered to your room. ; Nothing major but a nice touch nonetheless. ; Sometimes if you were the birthday button, you might get a free cookie or something, depending on where you go.

12. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

lol, nothing too extreme for the Disney wallet haha.

13. mSummers

mSummers Member

The retro shirts they rolled out for the anniversary are really cool. ; I hope they continue to offer them for a while since they are nicer than most of the regular stuff they have offered over the last 10 years or so.

14. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I read somewhere else that all of these shirts are available online for anyone wanting to try and get one.

15. Paul

Paul Member

Only some of the shirts are available online and by the time shipping and tax are added the cost is approximately $40!

16. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I got Gary and Dave Kliment the Limited Edition t-shirts. Said only to be sold today. The shirt posted above and a few others should be available for as long as Disney wishes them to be. They have the Epcot 30th logo on them but not the date of 10/1/2012 as the LE ones do.

17. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Here were the LE shirt selection. ; A bit underwhelming but after waiting for two hours, I was getting them!

[​IMG]

The Figment one was out of L and XL but the time I get in the store. ; :p

18. 2 hours??? I saw that looong line but someone said it was for a special pin or something. They had the 30th tshirts blocked off right at the front of Mouse Gear and I walked right in

19. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Oh, really? LOL ; D'oh!!!!

20. Paul

Paul Member