dvc at hilton head island

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by gary, Oct 21, 2012.

1. gary

gary Member

we just checked into the hilton head island dvc resort last night. decided a a few weeks ago to fly down instead of drive, so after a very rough flight from lga to charlotte, then charlotte to charleston. grabbed the rental car and off to holly hill sc for some sweatmans barbeque. here's one for you justin, dry rub piggy, carolina style.

[​IMG]

and after a nights sleep in our villa,when i went out on the deck to drink my am coffee, this osprey was perched for a lengthy stay in a tree right off our deck, ; i had time to break out the camera and the 70-300 for a couple before it flew off

[​IMG]

2. gary

gary Member

here's one looking back at the fire campfire/outdoor movie area, taken from the pavilion at the end of the crab dock

[​IMG]

and this is a clubhouse/restaurant building across shelter cove from the disney resort. there is a walkway around the cove area opposite the parking and some of the villas

[​IMG]

and some more of the shelter cove marina

[​IMG]

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very nice Gary! ; Love the look back and the marina shots. ; My wife and I have long talked of using some points there for years, never pulled the trigger. ; Did you try the restaurant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Very nice Gary. ; Did you watch your diet?

5. gary

gary Member

haven't tried that restaurant, although we do have some island favorites and will be going out to dinner tonight to either hudson's seafood house , or the low country backyard grill, both are excellent seafood restaurants
    yes doc, i have been staying on program, also doing a lot of walking, and wheeled the heavy steel frame tourist rental bicycle around for about 5 miles yesterday afternoon, walked about 3 miles in the am around the sea pines plantation forest preserve. blood sugar 128 about 10 minutes ago this am.
    hilton head is a great place to just relax for a week, there are quite a few kids and nature activities available, plus you can literally ride bicycles for miles on off road paved trails. and on the beach for miles at low tide due to the hard sand. for me this is a fresh air, daily bicycle ride and relax around the pool and on the unit deck type of vacation, some nice coastal wildlife to photograph, and up near the north end of the island there are some old gullah ruins from the older historical residents, plus a few even older indian artifact sites.

6. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Sounds like your doing everything right. ; Good job!! ; I tell my patients "if you see something and it really looks delicious, you probably can't eat it!!" ; Gets some laughs but there is some truth in it. ;

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice series Gary! ; That BBQ looks good