DTD Balloon

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by minijeni, Mar 12, 2011.

1. minijeni

minijeni Member

The love of picture taking in me wants to go in the ballooon for some great shots. ; The I'm afraid of hights in me will keep me on the ground! ; ;D[attachimg=1]

Attached Files:

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Love your shot!

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Trust me when I say that anyone with a fear of heights need not worry when in the Balloon. ; I got queasy when watching the treetop scenes in "Avatar", but the balloon was nothing. ; However, for me, it is more about the possibility of falling than it is the height. ; Anyway, the basket you are standing in is actually a solid plastic ring with a walkway. ; So, you are surrounded by a hard barrier that is chest high on a 6 foot person. ; Above that is a thick mesh net that goes up another 5 feet. ; The only way to fall out is to physically climb the netting and go out over the top. ; And it is hard to look directly down so it is more like looking out the window of a tall building than it is peering over the edge of a balcony or rooftop. ; It was definitely worth the money to go up at least once and would love to go up sometime when fireworks are going off.