1. Hello, my DH and DD love driving down to Disney. It feels like a big adventure for us, we stop half way and stay in a different state each time. Last year on out way through Detroit we got lost because of the construction detour. Does anyone have any experience going over the boarder into Detroit, I know they still have the detour. ???

2. sorry - don't know - but my family is considering driving to Disney for the first time - we usually fly, but thought we'd try something different this time.

3. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

4. Thanks Ham Ham I will check out those links!

5. WestWind

WestWind Member

Just curious, how long is the drive from where you are to WDW?

For me driving to DL is about 24 hours of driving. ; I can't imagine driving to WDW from where I am.

6. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

We were thinking of Driving in October too unless flight prices come down significantly. It's about 22 hours for us in Toronto.

7. I live north of Toronto and it takes us 24-26 hours with gas/restroom stops. We love driving there and prefer it over flying, its have the adventure! It really isn't too bad of a drive and gives us some good talking time! :)

8. irisesareblue

irisesareblue Member

I just bought a Guide to I-75 book and it has maps of the construction at the border crossing in Detroit and basically walks (drives) you through it. ; I love driving down to Florida (we live in Manitoba) - it somehow helps me de-compress and de-stress before vacation!

9. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

What's the drive & route from Manitoba 35 hours?

Yeah I could google it but I looking for the personal touch.

10. irisesareblue

irisesareblue Member

Yes, about 35 hours give or take. ; Depends on the weather. ; We drove down last year in November via Minneapolis/Chicago area and it was pretty rough weather wise - lots of freezing rain. ; We drove home via Kansas City and up through south and North Dakota - better weather wise but certainly way more boring!!!