Do you watch WDW Ride Videos?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by Sheila Gallant-Halloran, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Have you ever searched for a ride video on youtube or elsewhere - just to see what was posted? ; Ever want to show a child or nervous adult that there really isn't anything to be scared about by showing them a video? ; I'd be curious to learn others' reactions - did it work, or did it make nervous person more scared (adrenalin without context just equals fear?).

We've probably all seen videos on youtube, etc. - I had one link someone sent me - www.squidoo.com/disney_world_rides#module2835505

I know there are scads others - you probably have some of your own posted somewhere...

So - what do people think of ride videos? ; Do they ease or heighten fears?

2. I love ride vids, the help me get my fix when I can't get there myself. I actually did a few last week. I am currently trying to locate my firewire cable to download to my pc.

I also got the YeHa Bob show from Port Orleans which was a laugh.

3. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Generally the videos are poorly shot and don't contribute much other that teaching folks not to zoom all the time.

4. realfam

realfam Member

Welcome Tink to the Magic all the way from DVC's OKW.........

5. declansdad

declansdad Member

We watched every now and then. ; I had a few from our trip in 2007 but I deleted them from the camera somehow. ; I did manage to save a couple; I have one of Test Track in YouTube. ; I also have posted the Electric Water Parade if you haven't ever seen it.

6. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Ride video's are very hard to capture usually low light makes shooting video difficult. For new riders I don't think ride videos will help because you don't get the sensations of being on the ride a Mission Space ride video wouldn't look like much but riding it is a whole different matter. Having said that for revisiting rides you have already ridden I think ride video's are a great way to relive the moment.

7. Kathy

Kathy Member

8. Jenroc

Jenroc Member

Every time I get to feeling down and missing being in the parks, I pull out a DVD of the rides or go on YouTube. ; It helps a lot !!!

9. irisesareblue

irisesareblue Member

I watch the ride videos to re-experience the Disney magic when I'm feeling blue -- and the fireworks and show videos lift my spirits too!