Disney's Hidden Worlds

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bloomsie, May 2, 2014.

1. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

In the beginning of 2014, Disney created a hidden object game available for any Smartphone. Hidden Worlds is not only a hidden object game, but has a sense of roleplay. You meet inklings -- small people from a world of imagination -- who teach you how to craft ink together to create items that are typically needed to keep the game moving. As you inkspire, you realize that something is out of place. A Dark Inkling has been created and is angered by how he looks. So in order to get revenge, he tries to destroy other people's happiness of bring created perfectly. Your job is to save each Classical Disney world from the Dark Inkling by completing tasks that ask to play scenes, craft items and more. Some of the worlds include: Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves and more. The more you complete tasks within each world, the more of that world's story will be shared and the game as a whole moves on.

Overall, it's an overwhelming game when you're starting out. You have to understand how to craft, the logistics of how the game works and more. But once you get the hang of it, you're fine! It took me after the first world to become a professional inkling. I have to say that I do recommend this game for all if you have a Smartphone. It's a lot of fun and it's a good way to put yourself to sleep, and even wake up to a few hours later!

Currently I'm on the Little Mermaid. I somewhat just started the world. I'm the type that needs to make sure everything is 100% before moving on. All stars, characters and upgrades must be complete before moving on!

Also, a shout out to @RedOctober25 for giving word that Hidden Mickey's can be found within this game, too! So if you're a Hidden Mickey Hunter, perhaps this could be the game for you! They are commonly found within some to most of the scenes provided! :)

Does anyone else play Disney's Hidden Worlds? If you do, what world are you currently on? Do you enjoy playing the game? Share! :D

2. Streak

Streak Member

Sounds like a fun game. :) Might be a stupid question, but this is coming from someone who has never played the game or heard of it before. I'm not that much of a gamer. My husband wears the gamer shoes in our family. Is this a game you play online or on a certain console? Like I said, might be a stupid question. But, I am extremely curious.

3. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

@Streak I believe you can play it via Facebook, too. You can connect your account to Facebook along with your Smartphone Game Center. I spaced, I should have mentioned that prior. So if you don't have a Smartphone, you can play it on your computer via Facebook, but you need to make sure you have the latest Flash software downloaded. It's been a problem with my computer -- apparently I can't download the latest Flash (2008 MacBook Pro). But maybe you are able to. It's addicting, so watch out! :p

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

It is a Facebook game, but I play it on both my iPad and iPhone (if you sign in thru Facebook and apple's gamecenter the game progress is linked). I do believe you need a wifi connection or you might be using cellular data if you play on those platforms (I don't have a definitive answer on that one). And the cool thing about the iPhone is that you can zoom the image to a "quarter screen" to search easier (and the game only lists the items to find in that particular quarter before moving to the next. It is addicting, so watch out. And finally, as with many Facebook games they try and make you buy in-app items. But, it is possible to progress thru the game without buying items as long as you have a decent "friend" base (one of the other Disney Boards has a forum thread just to add friends to Gamecenter... In order to trade ink and energy).

So if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I am by no means an expert at the game but I am addicted to it.

5. Pitchingace88

Pitchingace88 Member

As everyone has already stated, if you would be curious to know how certain worlds are... I was so caught up in it that I made a walkthrough guide on my youtube. It can be found by searching Disney Hidden World Pitchingace88 :) I am almost done with the last available world so I can try to answer any questions you might have.

6. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

@Pitchingace88 That's fascinating! I'll be sure to check it out and see what you've done in the worlds that I've already gone through. How long did it take you to get through the many worlds to the last available one? I haven't been playing it as religiously anymore, but when I did, I go through four worlds within a month. But I'm curious how long it took you. Also, how many times a day did you play it? Haha!

@RedOctober25 Perhaps you would know this, but are there ways to add people via here for the game? Because it would be cool to help each other with getting gift ink, energies and more. The more friends you make, the better your odds of getting items and moving forward. I always wait a long while for those items in particular! Psh! Friends I have! :p Haha!

7. Pitchingace88

Pitchingace88 Member

@Bloomsie My first upload was March 9th and I just finished Snow White. I still have to do Olive's Island... so about 2 months. You were much more dedicated than I lol

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

@Bloomsie : I started playing nearly when it first came out. I typically played a couple times per day in my free time (typically at night after work). It took me a little longer than most as none of my true Facebook friends were playing. I did purchase a pack of gems back then with the intention of only buying gift ink to open a new world. I have used it to purchase ink, but still have gems from that purchase. Anyway, my player ID is "FarmerTed73" and feel free to add me (it is also my GameCenter ID). From within the game, you should be able to add people from the "invite" tab in the message center.

9. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Member

Sounds like a fun game that I might actually be able to get into! I too am not the gamer in my family so I am a bit of a novice. I would probably play it on my phone though as I stopped using Facebook a few months ago.

10. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

@RedOctober25 Ah! So you purchased items in order to succeed. So that makes sense. I try not to purchase anything and go with the flow. I know that if I purchase something once, I would keep going with it. Heh! Thanks! I'll be sure to add you as soon as I go to bed when I play the game!

@Pitchingace88 See, I paused to do Olive's World. o_O I think that was a mistake. I spent more time on Olive's World than I did on the worlds themselves that I was seriously on the 'last available' world because it ended with The Little Mermaid, and now two more worlds show up and I'm stuck on TLM until I find gift ink and time. I'm also the type to have that need to finish ALL scenes before moving on and Olive's World plot added more scenes to the previous worlds. So now I'm making sure that those are all complete. *OCD*

@Rosyrain I definitely recommend playing this game to help you by pass time or just for fun. It's great and you definitely learn more and more about the Disney movies as you go along through each world. By the way, I commend you for not going on Facebook anymore. I find that extremely hard to do as that's my homepage site. Ha!

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

@Bloomsie : I have only made one purchase and that was for the smallest pack of gems ($5 or $10) used to move on to the second world location since I did not have any friends playing at that time. Between being very frugal in using gems and then having them replenished in bonus scenes (in inkspire) I still have gems left that I can use in the future. I typically try to stay away from purchases if I can help it.

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Just four blue inks away from finishing Snow White and the game as it is. Has anyone else noticed that the ink you need is the hardest to get within any given scene? :p it's taken me three full bars of 45 energy to get just two blue inks so far. :(

13. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

@RedOctober25 I try to be frugal on my gems. But there are times at night when I'm tired and accidentally hit to pay something for gems such as a specific ink. I've done that multiple times. I should be over 30 gems, but I'm at 13... D: They should have a little pop-up asking if this is what I want to do. But I guess they just really want you to buy gems, so this is a perfect scheme of theirs. D:
    And YES. All the time. Usually in The Little Mermaid, the Green Mermaid ink is easy to get, but when I need it to open up a scene or anything, it's hard to accomplish.

I could be wrong though, but if you find items at a specific rhythm, you're able to grab the ink you need. If you go way too fast or way too slow, you almost always never have special ink. You'll grab neon or a regular color, but never the special ink of that specific scene. But if you tempo yourself per object that you find, you're bound to get that special ink. It's weird. o-o It sounds weird, but I wouldn't put it past Disney to create something like that in terms of musical ability.

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I've often wondered that too. It seems like there is a tune in the chimes as you find an object. Wonder if you have to find the items in order at a particular pace. And once again it took a full energy bar to get one blue ink. Just a couple more to go!

15. firelily99

firelily99 Member

I'll have to check that one out. I love a game that challenges me and makes me think. Thanks for posting that information.

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Finally finished Snow White! 100% done, all stars, all characters! :D Now just waiting for a new world update (keeping fingers crossed for sooner than later)

17. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

@RedOctober25 Congratulations! I've still been working on The Little Mermaid. Finally making the boat to open 'Kiss the Girl' scene. xD Ha! Oh! I should add you. I don't think I've done that yet. :)

@firelily99 You should definitely give it a try. It's worth playing and we are here to support and help out if needed! Once you make your account/start playing, be sure to add us! :D

18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

@Bloomsie - I discovered a little trick to help me out during the game. Each new scene I enter, I take a screenshot with my iPad. I can then go in and take a look and see where items are at (don't worry, I have a bad memory and usually forget over time). This works especially well with items that are "carved" into trees and bricks and such. As for calling this cheating, if the game gives us hints it isn't much different.

Bloomsie likes this.
  19. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

@RedOctober25 I never thought of doing that at all! I try my hardest to figure them out in each time. I guess that would only work for the hidden object scenes, but not the hidden pictures, right? Unless you memorize each awkward looking angle and the picture overall. Ha!
    Great idea though! :D

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

@Bloomsie - you are correct that it really only helps in object scenes. Especially the Little Mermaid scene where she is on the beach with her new legs. Took me forever to find the tornado and the shark.