Disney's Boardwalk - on the boardwalk

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Craig, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

During Mousefest, we walked from Epcot to the mega meet to meet Tim. We also got to meet Ray and Gary! I took these on the walk.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Nice work. I like the boardwalk.

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

tim's 5 favorite resorts:
    1. boardwalk area
    2. boardwalk area
    3. boardwalk area
    4. boardwalk area
    5. old key west

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Nice shots...they put me in the mood! I'll be staying right there, with a DVC 2-bdrm condo, boardwalk view, in 15 days!

Got my morning coffee and croissants, got my nighttime entertainment, got my ESPN club to watch hockey games over some Boo-Yeah Chili, got my International Gateway to Epcot, got my slow boat to MGM, got my valet parking free for the stay...

I'm with Tim - Boardwalk ROCKS! (It's my home DVC resort too...the one that tempted me to buy in!).

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Sure just go ahead and rub it in why don't you. I would love to be going in 15 days, I would love to be a DVC member, should I go on? Anyway, I have been meaning to stay there and to this point just haven't had the ability to. I hope that the next time I am at the World that this is where I will be staying.

6. Tim

Another member of this site and I tried booking a 2BR at BW in June and couldn't get it... bummer. I am having a craving for cheesecake brownies at the BW Bakery.

7. gary

gary Member

owner of 2 dvc contracts here, beach club, bought because we wanted it

boardwalk, purchased for mousefest 3 years ago, i want to be there for mousefest every year, i cannot think of a better location for mf, for all the right reasons
    morning coffee and croissant
    quick walk to epcot, just as quick walk back for a break or more clothing at night
    nice morning exercise walk to mgm, i don't think we've taken the boat but once in 3 years
    i can get me a nice brew down on the boardwalk at big river
    magicians at night, kind of like watching them

8. zackiedawg

That's quite healthy and very admirable of you!

I'm solidly middle-aged, overweight, and out-of-shape (actually, I'm in shape...I'm round). With all the walking around I already do in the Disney parks all day and all night, there's no way I'd want to start the day with a long walk just to get to a park. If I did, then by the end of the night I'd have to leave my legs at a Disney store to be shipped back to my room, and get wheelchaired back to the hotel!

I agree with the magicians, btw. Sometimes, the boardwalk-view rooms can give an interesting perspective on them - Last June, my 2nd floor balcony was right over where a magician performed, so I was able to look right down on his routine. To his credit, I still don't know how he did it!

9. gary

gary Member

karen is an er nurse, i both live with the health police, and know a need a nice fresh air morning walk to wake up
    had the pedometer on me once, at a long day at universal, staying at portofino bay hotel, we topped the 15 mile mark for the day

10. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Very nice pics...I've been considering staying there next time we go. Anyone have pics of the inside?

11. Oooh! 4 more weeks and ill be there! Looking at thes pics make my feet hurt like ive been walking all day and im walking back towards my hotel room!

12. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

I love the Boardwalk, but have never stayed there. We always rent houses off property. This October, however, my sisters and our respective spouses are thinking about going back for an "adults only" weekend ... and I think we're going to rent some DVC points and get rooms at the Boardwalk or the Beach Club. I'd love to stay there and hopefully going back the first week in October will give me some less crowded times to take some snaps of the Boardwalk environment.

13. Tim

boardwalk is always my first choice when we go to WDW... love it love it love it.

14. mPower

mPower Member

We'll be at the DVC Villas from 4/24-4/27, and neither of us can wait!

It will be our first time at the Boardwalk, and we've requested a BW view and a high floor - both of which are the only things ppl request I guess ;)

15. I told my mom today that I would rather have a studio than a one bedroom. She looked at me like I was nuts. I told her that I dont like the one bedrooms because they dont have 'Boardwalk pink" walls! :D Obsessed much?

16. zackiedawg

Here's a handheld ultra-compact attempt at stitching together a full lobby shot:

[​IMG]

I leaned on a rail with my ultra-compact, and rattled off 6 shots, left to right in two rows to try to simulate a wide angle (my ultra-compact is only 35mm at the widest)...and stitched the shots in Autostitch.

17. HOME! See the first awning on the top row of the Crest O' The Wave building? Yeah I was there a week ago :'(

18. Tim

i LOVE the boardwalk! ever notice the figurine of the elephant shaped hotel on the ledge in the back of this shot? you can barely see it in this shot but its behind the palm tree in the middle of the frame. yeah.... that's about 10 minutes from my house.

19. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

w00t! be there in 2 weeks!

20. *jealous!* Can I come too Roger? ;D