Disneyland Day One...

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by RedOctober25, Apr 19, 2012.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I finally made it thru my photos from my very recent trip to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure. ; Here are a few shots from Day One in the Magic Kingdom.

--DLR (Day 1)--

"Taking back Tommorrow"
    [​IMG]

"Hidden Walt"
    [​IMG]

"All Aboard!"
    [​IMG]

"Soundtastic Drumline"
    [​IMG][

"My Face is Copyrighted…"
    [​IMG]

"Hiding from the Hook…"
    [​IMG]

"Conchita Maria Rosalinda Gomez Montoya De La Cruz"
    [​IMG]

"Hey Youse Guys!"
    [​IMG]

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great shots Jeff! ; I relly like the Taking Back Tomorrowland and the Soundtastic Drumline shots. ; The "rockwork" in the foreground give it good depth and I like how the drums are in line, yet it curves. ; Thanks for sharing.

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I thought it gave it the look of a "reclaimed" planet after civilization died off. ; The new goal for photos is Unusual Angles and Cast Close-Ups.

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots Jeff! ; I like the drumline shot! ; I am also working on a similar new tactic when taking my photos.

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Nice work on all - the peekaboo shot is cool, but that drumline's definitely the standout here!

6. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Great set!

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The drumline was coming around the corner of main street as they started the reverse route parade.

8. Will G

Will G Member

Love the Tomorrowland shot. ; I have a similar one on my wall where I lined up Matterhorn to peak out over the rock. ; But I love your angle, light and sky.

I like your hidden Walt. ;
    But if I took the shot it would only cause a twinge of pain because I couldn’t take the real shot myself and I never will. ; :(

Interesting shot of the conductor badges – shiny!

I agree with everyone on the Drumline, but what really caught my attention was the pattern on the costume… looks like it could be a color digital VU meter. ; I’d like one of those! ; (but I’d probably rarely wear it)

I had an interesting experience looking at “Hiding from Hook" – because I was scrolling down, or the picture was scrolling up into my view, I got hung up on the bright space dominating the upper half of the shot and didn’t even see Tink until I scrolled back up the page and brought the picture into view from the bottom up! ; Then I saw her!
    Given that experience, I’d probably re-crop the picture to reduce the negative space and bring Tink up from the bottom quarter and closer to the midline. (but still below the line)

(I now love how my profile will read “What’s a camera?â€Â

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Welcome aboard, Will! ; Keep the posts coming!

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I did crop the Tink shot on my ipad, but apparently it saves the changes within the program i used and not to the photo itself. ; The negative space was the only downside to shooting the floats with the sun behind them.

11. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome to the forums Will.

I just realized I don't think I've taken any pics of the rock wall between the Orbitor and King Triton Pixie Hollow since 1999.

[​IMG]

12. Will G

Will G Member

[attachimg=2]
    August 2011
    And I actually added a sliver of sky to the top so it would fit a 5x7 format the way I wanted.

Attached Files: