Disney ride simulator website

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Tim, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

there is a site out there sims.themagical.nl that offers a few disney ride operation simulations that you can play with. however, i remember another site before this one that had a bunch of disney ride simulations, including ellens energy adventure and others. anyone per chance have the link? i can't seem to find it but recall it being a lot of fun...

i think the link had the name of the person who wrote the sim in it... might have heard about it on an older inside the magic podcast or something... its totally escaping me right now.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. goofy101

goofy101 Member

3. Dan

Dan Member

Wow.. that site is really neat, I love the idea of trying to get as many people through the ride as possible, at least on Phantom Manor. The thing is I've been strangely interested in the idea of maximizing the efficiency of operations like that, so.. to get a chance to play with a simulation of it is appealing to me.

Oh boy have I got one for you. If there are any Half Life 2 players out there (I'm boycotting it for reasons that aren't worth getting into here) then you can download a map that's the Tower of Terror recreated for the game.
    I've also played a Pirates of the Caribbean themed map for another game, but it didn't follow the ride all that closely. It did play the some of the soundtrack in certain areas though.
    Personally.. I want to learn how to make maps so I can try to recreate an entire area of a Disney park. I'm just picturing some sort of capture the flag map where one team's base is inside Space Mountain, and the other could be inside Stitch, for example.
    But I haven't got the patience for that kind of exacting modeling.
    Oh, but the Half Life map..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT7AfQF_RQo

There, take a look. People have criticized the video as being too nauseating, but since I play games like that a lot I'm used to that kind of approach.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQxIMMREMZY

That one is said to be better in that regard, but I preferred the first one for giving a better feel for the map and what it's like to be playing the game.

For the record I doubt that you can really play the game with other people on that map. It's too restricted. I mean you should be able to connect and have multiple people in there, but I don't think the usual game play would be practical in such a tight environment. You need more freedom to move.

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I remember the two levels for Duke Nukem! It was NOS and Tomorrowland at DL - with complete walkthroughs of the HM, POTC, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Captain Eo...

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i remember that duke nukem level too...
    i've seen virtual toad as well as some of the youtube rollercoaster stuff...

the site i am thinking of had sims just like themagical but other attractions, including ellen's...